is it poss to make BOLD text within formula?

vipulgos

Office Version
  1. 2010
Platform
  1. Windows
I've formula like :
=if(A1>15000,concatenate("looking to scenerio the amount will be ",B1),A1)
Iwant to see the result of this formula as under:
"looking to scenerio the amount will be 25000"
(25000 is the figure in cell B1)
is it possible?

Excel Facts

Test for Multiple Conditions in IF?
Use AND(test, test, test, test) or OR(test, test, test, ...) as the logical_test argument of IF.
Not possible in the literal context you described. Individual character formatting cannot be applied to values in cells that are returned by formulas within such cells that contain formulas. This is because formatting is applied to a specific character location, and such locations vary depending on the result of the formula. There is no way for Excel to know in advance how to format a result it doesn't know yet.

The only workaround is an event that basically enters the formula, converts it to a value constant, and formats the characters of that constant based on criteria you predetermine. Even then, no formula would actually exist in the cell except for a split second, during which time no formatting exists. The end result is possible with some imaginative coding of what are essentially constant cells.

Upvote 0
I edited my first response for spelling when you replied. Yes it is possible with VBA code (not VB as you asked). See my suggestion in the second paragraph of my post for the approach.

Upvote 0
I know this is not exactly it but what I do is take the calculation part and place that in another cell where I format it exactly the way I want. Then I use the camera tool an take a picture of it and place the picture in the cell where I want to ultimately display and apply proper spacing. This way the formula updates as needed and the camera tool will show the updated results in the format you choose.

Upvote 0
Then I use the camera tool an take a picture of it and place the picture in the cell where I want to ultimately display and apply proper spacing.
is that really working? what camera tools do you use?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flashbond

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back