Is there anyone that can help...!!!!????

Frankie needs HELP

I've produced a userform with a drop-down list with items such as chair, table, bed etc. When i select one of them (eg. chair) , and press the command button to select the item, it flashes up with all of them and goes back to the original chosen one.

HELP! Whats going on?!

How do i get them to show up on the spreadsheet individually??!!!

Or post all of your code and we can tell you what needs to be modified. It's pretty clear Mark's earlier theory is correct; for what you are doing, you should NOT have both a combobox change event (Sub ComboBox1_Change()) and a command button (Sub CommandButton1_Click()). One or the other will do the job, both will mess you up.

Dave

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.
I've got books in front of me but they haven't helped. It is actually working now but the one other problem I've had is that the spreadsheet has repeated items. so to solve this problem I added a new sheet called items which listed all the headings and I used the rowSource - items!a2:a30.

Can I add this to your code as all it is doing at the moment is picking out

Upvote 0
You can add whatever you want to the code. :biggrin:

What books have you got in front of you? I'm curious because there are some pig-awful books out there.

Upvote 0
Well I am well and truely messed up davers5.

Ok this is what I have done:
I have gone into VBA and inserted a user form Private sub UserForm_Click(), I changed the caption to Item Search and the name to frmSearch.

Then I inserted a drop down box - Private Sub UserForm_Click().

I then went to the properties menu and put Items!a2:a30 in the RowSource box, which puts the items in the drop down list.

I now need to put the code in so that when I click on the items it brings up all the chairs in my spreadsheet, desks, tabes etc.

I've got two codes I could use (but where do I put it?)

1. Selection.AutoFilter Field:=3, Criteria1:="Bookcase

2. ActiveWorkbook.CustomViews("Bookcase").show

You lot are life savers

Upvote 0
That's one of the pig awful books I'm afraid. Who's teaching you this? College or something? (sorry for going off topic, but this sounds like the solution is going to be a lot more involved than I have the time for just now)

Upvote 0
University. It was my tutor that told me to put in the command button as well as the dropdown list. She made it work on her's.

I just don't know where to put in the

Selection.AutoFilter Field:=3, Criteria1:="Bookcase"

and how to change from Bookcase to breakfast table when I click on the breakfast table in the drop down list.

Upvote 0
It sounds like you should be using a database and not excel. This would be a simple solution in access (a matter of writing a simple query). Like Mark says, this is a complex problem and we don't even know what your data looks like. It's one thing to get a combobox that works and selects or prints a single value, it's quite another to select every instance of "chair" in your spreadsheet from a combobox.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmsotelo

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back