Transfering Data from One sheet to another

tjrmick

I am wanting to setup a worksheet which will allow me to separate corp credit card charges by cost center and dept and then transfer over to a summary sheet which shows the totals only for each cost center and dept.
Info would be like:
6015-004 $268.85 03/15/01
First 4 digits represent the cost center with the last 3 being the dept number. Any suggestions? I want it in one workbook where others can just enter the information and maybe use a macro button to do all the sorting and subtotaling???? Please help. I'm in over my head!

Excel Facts

Save Often
If you start asking yourself if now is a good time to save your Excel workbook, the answer is Yes
Why would you transfer to show totals only? Why not just use Data-Subtotals. And if that's too many steps, record a macro while you do it and place buttons on the toolbar to do the subtotals and also to clear the subtotals.

Upvote 0
I want to show subtotals only so we can give to our accounts payable dept for entry for payment. Each total has to be entered seperately so it's charged to the correct cost center and department. Currently A/P is paging through about 7-10 pages to get the totals. Trying to make things easier. This bill can be $50k+ a month with 10-15 cards with so many receipts it would make your head spin.

Upvote 0
Brian,

that Chris Davison is useless...!

in this post, I'd suggest Dreamboat's suggestion of data / subtotalling, adding that the info then be collapsed to just show the respective totals (click on the [1] or [2] to the left of the data

or

try pivot tables which can group by the rerspective cost centres, and be placed on a new sheet for presentational purposes

Upvote 0
thanks for the help. i got it all figured out and it works wonderfully. used array formulas.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
audette89

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back