Posting guideline request

Jay Petrulis

MrExcel MVP
Hi All,

In my opinion, the link below gives excellent suggestions for everybody.

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/newposte.htm

Some are not relevant to MrExcel, but many are. In particular, I would like to comment on two of the informal 'rules':

----------------------------------
2 Use an illustrative subject line. Don't put in a subject line like HELP ME! or EXCEL question. Instead, say something like "Trouble With Pivot Tables In XL97." And remember, saying URGENT doesn't make it any more urgent to anyone but you.

21 "I posted a question an hour ago, but didn't get any responses. Should I post it again?" No. It can take anywhere from a minute to a day for your post to actually show up on the server. Then, someone has to read it and come up with an answer. Give it a few days before thinking about resubmitting a post.
-------------------------------------

The participants here volunteer their time and energy, and there are enough "usual suspects" to make sure that almost every single question gets at least one response.

However, please note that nobody is "entitled" to receive an answer within a specified time frame. As Chip stated, URGENT does not apply to anyone but you.

Vague subject lines and questions don't help, either. If you don't take the time to detail your request, how will anyone know exactly what you need?

I learn something new here every time I log on, and really like to help out as best I can. I don't mind when people resend their unanswered requests to the top of the board. But, give it more than an hour or so before you project your crisis to all. Posts get shuffled down and then forgotten, but that is *not* the norm.

I don't want to alienate anyone, so please take this as a helpful suggestion rather than a hard rule. And this is not a complaint. Your "URGENT, PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!" post will still get answered (even when it is in three separate threads). :)

Thanks,
Jay

Excel Facts

How can you turn a range sideways?
Copy the range. Select a blank cell. Right-click, Paste Special, then choose Transpose.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RobertJones1986

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back