Web Query

scottbro

Guys...I'm looking to add a single stock ticker to my spreadsheet. I'm working in Excel 2000, so I'm guessing the option to use is the "Data---> Get External Data---> New Web Query..." The thing is, I navigate to the site I want that contains the ticker, and then when I go to specify which table it is, I have no clue, even after looking at the html code. Anyone know how to identify the name of a table, such as in my case? Or, if anyone has any other ideas/advice as to how to accomplish my objective other than this way, please do not hesitate to clue me in! Thanks...

Excel Facts

Format cells as currency
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+4 to format cells as currency. (Shift 4 is the $ sign).
See the Excel Help topic for "Get data from a Web source". Look specifically at the Notes section.

What web site are you trying to use?
This message was edited by Mark W. on 2002-02-26 12:43

Upvote 0
I'm fine with getting the data onto the spreadsheet...what I would like is to only list the current market price, without all the other info that is usually contained in the table containing this. For example, usually the table containing the current price also has opening price, # of shares, volumes, change in price, etc. I only want to have the current market price appear in my sheet, and I don't know how to only bring this value into excel...any ideas?

Upvote 0
Send the url of the page that the ticker is on and maybe someone will be able to extract just that for you or work something out.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shantanu2024

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back