In Office 2013, is there a way to rearrange the buttons between ribbons on the menus up top?

Mr. Walnuts

Board Regular
I'll be more specific....
I would like to either move... or create an 'Add Hyperlink' button to the "Home" Ribbon tab... so that I wont have to keep switching between ribbon tabs every time I need a button from another tab.

Does anyone have any idea how to facilitate this?

Excel Facts

Copy a format multiple times
Select a formatted range. Double-click the Format Painter (left side of Home tab). You can paste formatting multiple times. Esc to stop
Hi Mr. Walnuts!
I don't think you can add to the home tab but if your right click on the Home bar (at the top of the page, it says Home, Insert, Page Layout, Etc. right click anywhere in there) it will come up with "Customize Quick Access Toolbar".

You can add any commands you like to the Quick Access Toolbar and it will appear no matter which tab you are currently viewing.

Have a great day!

Upvote 0
Oh excellent. So at least I can create a toolbar with all the stuff I need; it doesn't NEED to be the home bar, as long as it has text formatting on it.

Hi Mr. Walnuts!
I don't think you can add to the home tab but if your right click on the Home bar (at the top of the page, it says Home, Insert, Page Layout, Etc. right click anywhere in there) it will come up with "Customize Quick Access Toolbar".

You can add any commands you like to the Quick Access Toolbar and it will appear no matter which tab you are currently viewing.

Have a great day!

Upvote 0
It's a great feature particularly for commonly used items or items that are normally hard to find on the regular ribbon.
Cheers!

Upvote 0
You can also create a "Custom" tab. "Options"--> Customize Ribbon --> New Tab (then New Group). That way you can have a whole tab with whatever you like in whichever order.
I've heard of people using this to basically recreate the Menu setup of pre-2007 Office.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arndtea

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back