Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: Excel 2013 Issue - Opening a worksheet, opens a new blank worksheet too

  1. #1
    New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    35
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Excel 2013 Issue - Opening a worksheet, opens a new blank worksheet too

    I had Office 2010, but I thought I should try out Office 2013, however once I did I found that everytime I opened up one of my Excel worksheets I also opened up a second, blank worksheet as well. At first I thought it was my personal.xlsx, but when I unhid it (saved), then hid it again (saved), the blank worksheet still appeared. I have no idea what the issue is, can anyone help me out?

  2. #2
    New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    35
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Excel 2013 Issue - Opening a worksheet, opens a new blank worksheet too

    Does anyone have a clue as to what the problem is?

  3. #3
    Board Regular
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    122
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Excel 2013 Issue - Opening a worksheet, opens a new blank worksheet too

    I'm having issues with 2013 too. MS had me load the updates and it helped some. Overall, 2013 is not what I had hoped for. Excel 2007 seems to be the most stable for the workbook I use most.

  4. #4
    Board Regular FDibbins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Duncansville, PA USA
    Posts
    6,422
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Excel 2013 Issue - Opening a worksheet, opens a new blank worksheet too

    Try taking a look in OPTIONS/SAVE and see where your "default file location" is. I had this problem too until I changed this location to somewhere else

    Edit: I have not heard anything good about 2013, most who have it, wish they didnt, and would go back to 2007/2010

  5. #5
    New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    35
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Excel 2013 Issue - Opening a worksheet, opens a new blank worksheet too

    Quote Originally Posted by FDibbins View Post
    Try taking a look in OPTIONS/SAVE and see where your "default file location" is. I had this problem too until I changed this location to somewhere else

    Edit: I have not heard anything good about 2013, most who have it, wish they didnt, and would go back to 2007/2010
    Thanks for the reply, I tried changing the default save location to my desktop, but it still had the same issue, I think it may be related to personal.xlsx but I'm not sure.

    Yeah, Office 2013 sucks, but I can't change it now even if I wanted to, it was installed in every computer in my office.

  6. #6
    Board Regular
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    122
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Excel 2013 Issue - Opening a worksheet, opens a new blank worksheet too

    Why can't you reninstall a previous version? I have 07, 10 and 13 on my computer? I plan to keep these until the bugs are worked out of 13.

  7. #7
    New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    35
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Excel 2013 Issue - Opening a worksheet, opens a new blank worksheet too

    Quote Originally Posted by kstrick9 View Post
    Why can't you reninstall a previous version? I have 07, 10 and 13 on my computer? I plan to keep these until the bugs are worked out of 13.
    Office 2013 was already installed throughout the office, it would take time to uninstall and then reinstall 2010. Besides, Office doesn't really have any serious defects like force closes that would make my boss consider downgrading.

    Topic:

    I think I've found the solution, first I unhid personal.xlsx and saved. I thought it was a problem with one of my add-ons so I disabled ASAP Utilities, then closed the document. I opened up the document again, closed the document, which left me with only personal.xlsx, hid that, closed the document, and selected to save the personal.xlsx in the prompt.


    When I opened up the document again, there was only the document and not a second blank spreedsheet.

  8. #8
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    2
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Excel 2013 Issue - Opening a worksheet, opens a new blank worksheet too

    Quote Originally Posted by privatemoon View Post
    Office 2013 was already installed throughout the office, it would take time to uninstall and then reinstall 2010. Besides, Office doesn't really have any serious defects like force closes that would make my boss consider downgrading.

    Topic:

    I think I've found the solution, first I unhid personal.xlsx and saved. I thought it was a problem with one of my add-ons so I disabled ASAP Utilities, then closed the document. I opened up the document again, closed the document, which left me with only personal.xlsx, hid that, closed the document, and selected to save the personal.xlsx in the prompt.


    When I opened up the document again, there was only the document and not a second blank spreedsheet.
    I have the same problem with Excel 2013 - it first opens a blank workbook before it opens the actual selected workbook. I have searched for personal.xlsx but cannot locate it. Has anyone else managed to fix this?

  9. #9
    Board Regular Weazel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    3,067
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Excel 2013 Issue - Opening a worksheet, opens a new blank worksheet too

    have you tried turning off the start up screen in options .... general .... it fixed a few annoyances for me

  10. #10
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    2
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Excel 2013 Issue - Opening a worksheet, opens a new blank worksheet too

    Thanks - tried that but unfortunately it didn't work. This problem only started recently after I had to force start my laptop after windows 8.1 froze up a few times. I have tried doing an Office repair but that hasn't helped. I also had the same problem with a previous laptop running Windows 7 and Office 2003 and never managed to find a solution.

User Tag List

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


DMCA.com