Dual montiors and Excel

Richman20

I'm running W2000, Office 97, with dual monitors and a Matrox video board. While I can open Excel across both screens and display two side by side worksheets, I can not stretch a single worksheet across both screens in order to see more cells to the right. Any suggestions?

Excel Facts

Square and cube roots
The =SQRT(25) is a square root. For a cube root, use =125^(1/3). For a fourth root, use =625^(1/4).
Hi

A guy i work with does this for WWW so have history showing all the time and loves it!

Can you not make view 200%, or as reqd>

Upvote 0
Changing zoom to 200% makes no difference. Problem is I can't stretch the worksheet out beyond about a half inch past the first monitor.

In all other applications I can display a document or screen across both monitors. It is only with Excel that I have the problem. Again, the application fills both monitors, but the individual workbook/worksheet can not be expanded.

I'm baffeled. Richman

Upvote 0
I know exactly what you mean. I have one monitor resolution set very high and while the Excel window can be maximized to fill the screen, the spreadsheet window when maximzed doesn't fill the Excel window.

I posted below recently and haven't gotten any responses. Have you had this problem, too?

-------------------------------------------
This has been bugging me for a while. I have 2 monitors (WIN98) with Excel 97 usually running maximized on right monitor. Some dialog boxes such as File Open don't like this. The initial dialog box opens on the Excel monitor (right). If I choose the dropdown box to change directories, the directory tree opens on the left monitor. No matter what I choose from the tree on the left monitor, the choice is not updated in the dialog box on the right. The only way I've found to make this work is to drag the original dialog box to the left monitor and proceed with selection. Is this weird or what?

Upvote 0
Yes, I've had the same problem with dialog boxes. I can live with that one although it is an irritant.

Regarding Excel, it appears there is a real limitation as to the display size of worksheets. We both have similar problems.

Thanks

Richman

Upvote 0
One way of getting round the problem would be to open a new window of the same sheet.

Right click on the Excel icon next to the file menu and click on new window. Drag the second window onto your second monitor.

Upvote 0
Yup, I routinely use that trick to expand the worksheet and it works pretty well but it just seems to me there should be away to expand a single sheet across two or three monitors.

I can even expand a word document, go figure!

Upvote 0
HI __

Sorry for delay but as promised, i have spoken to pal with dual mointer and all..

Yeah! Excel dont seem to like it.. no ideas why, no fix im very sorry, Odd PowerPoint and Word were fine..... ERmmmmmmmm.

One for Bill Gates that.. Maybe Excel cant!

Rdgs :(

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spamiki

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back