List of phone numbers

munda

I have a list of phone numbers, names and addresses. This is data from a charity I volunteer for. Each phone number has an associated address and there can be more than one donor names associated with that phone number (& address). Each phone number can be appearing multiple times depending on the number of donations made.
I want to make a list out of this which will have give me for each donor their name, phone number and address. If there were four members of a family donating, then this list should give me four names in four rows with the same phone number and address.
All help extremely appreciated.

Excel Facts

What is the fastest way to copy a formula?
If A2:A50000 contain data. Enter a formula in B2. Select B2. Double-click the Fill Handle and Excel will shoot the formula down to B50000.
I have a list of phone numbers, names and addresses. This is data from a charity I volunteer for. Each phone number has an associated address and there can be more than one donor names associated with that phone number (& address). Each phone number can be appearing multiple times depending on the number of donations made.
I want to make a list out of this which will have give me for each donor their name, phone number and address. If there were four members of a family donating, then this list should give me four names in four rows with the same phone number and address.
All help extremely appreciated.

Hello and welcome to MrExcel.
Coudl you post your sample?
Please see below how to do it

Upvote 0
Thank you Robert. I am new to online forums. Please excuse my etiquette and method.
Here is a sample of data. I am using excel 2007 and windows 7 Ultimate.
I hope this way of presenting the sample data will work.
Munda

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
It seems that you have all the appropriate data above. Is the problem that the data is duplicated in your original data? If so, please see this link.

Remove Duplicates in Excel 2007 | Contextures Blog

Be sure to use this on a COPY of your original data. You should also delete any data such as dates or donation amounts that you do not want in your final list.

Cheers, :)

Upvote 0
Re: List of phone numbers, removing duplicates

It seems that you have all the appropriate data above. Is the problem that the data is duplicated in your original data? If so, please see this link.

Remove Duplicates in Excel 2007 | Contextures Blog

Be sure to use this on a COPY of your original data. You should also delete any data such as dates or donation amounts that you do not want in your final list.

Hello Shawnhet:
Thank you for the reply. I have a problem using this method. It removes ALL duplicates. I want to delete duplicate names that are tied to one phone number.
It removes Rajinder that occurs against two phone numbers. Same is the case with Jasbir.

I hope this explains the situation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

I don't use Excel 2007 myself but I believe that it does do what you want here you just have to be sure to select *all* the fields that you are concerned with.

Let Excel 2007's new Remove Duplicates feature find unique values in your data | TechRepublic

"You can also use Remove Duplicates to produce a list of unique values for more than one field. For example, to generate a list of customers and the products they ordered, follow these steps:

1. Select the Customer Name and Product Name columns.
  2. Copy the selected data to a blank area of the worksheet.
  3. Click inside any cell within the copied cells.
  4. Click the Data tab.
  5. In the Data Tools group, choose Remove Duplicates, then click OK.
Excel generates a list of each customer and the products ordered, excluding duplicate orders for the same product from the same customer. You can then use the Sort function to make the list easier to read by following these steps:"

For you, you should be clicking all of these columns F Name M Name L/Name Address City P.code Phone # F Name (and not just the Customer and Product NAmes per the example).

Upvote 0

Thank you Shawnhet.
It works the way I want it to.
Cheers

Upvote 0
munda

Welcome to the MrExcel board!

I have removed the tables from your posts since I wasn't sure if they may have contained real names, addresses and phone numbers. If that was the case, the owners may not appreciate having that data openly available on the internet. If you post such data in the future, make sure it is dummy data and also state in your post that it is not real. That way we moderators will know and won't need to remove it.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alex78

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back