Array Formula help

Road Warrior

About a year ago Aladin helped me build some array formulas for my spreadsheet. I'm having some problems with the sheet and want to see if I can email it to you to take a look at it. You can email me at sdavis267@comcast.net .

Thanks in advance

Excel Facts

Get help while writing formula
Click the italics "fx" icon to the left of the formula bar to open the Functions Arguments dialog. Help is displayed for each argument.
On 2002-05-02 08:12, Road Warrior wrote:
About a year ago Aladin helped me build some array formulas for my spreadsheet. I'm having some problems with the sheet and want to see if I can email it to you to take a look at it. You can email me at sdavis267@comcast.net .

Thanks in advance

Send me a copy before anyone else sees the mess :biggrin:. By the way, could you point me the thread, I assume, at the old board.

Aladin

Upvote 0
Stuart,

You have spaces (" ", whose ASCII code is 32) in cells which are supposed to be empty or contain a number.

Array or SUMPRODUCT formulas don't like that.

I've put conditional formatting on the range in column M. The cell becomes red if it houses an expected value such as a space.

Regards,

Aladin

Upvote 0
Thanks for the help. I should have know to check for the spaces, but it's been a while since I've worked on any spreadsheets.

Another stupid question:

When I open this spreadsheet, why is it opening with the macro disabled? How do I re-enable it?

Thanks

Upvote 0
On 2002-05-02 13:28, Road Warrior wrote:
Thanks for the help. I should have know to check for the spaces, but it's been a while since I've worked on any spreadsheets.

Another stupid question:

When I open this spreadsheet, why is it opening with the macro disabled? How do I re-enable it?

Thanks

The copy I have comes up with the usual question Enable/Disable Macros. I just checked the sort macro, it just works!

Aladin

Upvote 0
It is not behaving correctly on my computer. I can open the file but the "enable/disable" dialog box does not come up prior to the file opening.

Upvote 0
On 2002-05-02 13:56, Road Warrior wrote:
It is not behaving correctly on my computer. I can open the file but the "enable/disable" dialog box does not come up prior to the file opening.

Are you talking about the file that I sent you back?

Upvote 0
The file you sent me back works fine on one of my computers, but not the other. The enable/disable dialog does not appear on one system.

It works on the computer with Excel 97 SR-2, but not on the system with Excel 2000 SR-1

Upvote 0
On 2002-05-02 14:12, Road Warrior wrote:
The file you sent me back works fine on one of my computers, but not the other. The enable/disable dialog does not appear on one system.

It works on the computer with Excel 97 SR-2, but not on the system with Excel 2000 SR-1

Weird. I worked on it on Excel 2000!

Hope someone else has an idea on this.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back