move active cell one to the right - excel 2000

OutlawoftheMarsh

Hi. I'm not real good with code/macros. I would love to purchase some kind of material to ameliorate this condition rather than pestering generous comrades such as yourselves, but I don't have a real reliable mailing address here in the Middle Kingdom, and rest assured that there is a dearth of English language materials on the subject.

What is the command to move the active cell? For example, suppose C15 is the active cell, and I want a macro to move the active cell one to the right. Or maybe 3 to the right, and one down. The deal is, I'd like to be able to make the active cell move in a fixed pattern relative to the cell that is already active (before the macro is run), rather than moving to a final fixed destination (which would be something that even I could figure out). In other words, if I select R20, and run the macro (or whatever other mechanism you guys come up with), then R21 will be selected; likewise, I can click G12, run the macro, and G13 will be selected.

Thanks,

Outlaw

Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range)
ActiveCell.Offset(0, 9).Select
End Sub

I WANT IT TO SELECT 9 CELLS TO THE RIGHT BUT IT MOVES A LOT MORE THAN THAT WHEN A SELECT A CELL IN COLUMN A.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Copy PDF to Excel
Select data in PDF. Paste to Microsoft Word. Copy from Word and paste to Excel.
Hate to be an 'over critical' observer, but surely this is more correct?

r = # of rows you want to move (-r if you want to move up)
c = # of columns to move (-c if you want to move left)

Sorry to be a pain but didn't read correctly.

Upvote 0
Hi. I'm not real good with code/macros. I would love to purchase some kind of material to ameliorate this condition rather than pestering generous comrades such as yourselves, but I don't have a real reliable mailing address here in the Middle Kingdom, and rest assured that there is a dearth of English language materials on the subject.

What is the command to move the active cell? For example, suppose C15 is the active cell, and I want a macro to move the active cell one to the right. Or maybe 3 to the right, and one down. The deal is, I'd like to be able to make the active cell move in a fixed pattern relative to the cell that is already active (before the macro is run), rather than moving to a final fixed destination (which would be something that even I could figure out). In other words, if I select R20, and run the macro (or whatever other mechanism you guys come up with), then R21 will be selected; likewise, I can click G12, run the macro, and G13 will be selected.

Thanks,

Outlaw
https://www.excelhowto.com/macros/select-a-range-in-excel-vba/

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandomExceller01

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back