how to keep recored of how many items sold

rajface2face

in this shop every phone should be conunted ie it should have how many fonez in stock n
i am trin to make a stock recorder for a shop selling mobile phone n i don't no how to make a message pop up if the stock of a phone(8310) goes under 5 n it should say 'reorder nk 8310'
And if n e fone is not sold for whole month or loong time than it should pup up sayin 'out on offer'
OR ANY ALTERNATIVE WAYS ROUND THIS WILL BE APPRECIATED.
thank u

Excel Facts

What is the last column in Excel?
Excel columns run from A to Z, AA to AZ, AAA to XFD. The last column is XFD.
On 2002-02-26 13:09, rajface2face wrote:
in this shop every phone should be conunted ie it should have how many fonez in stock n
i am trin to make a stock recorder for a shop selling mobile phone n i don't no how to make a message pop up if the stock of a phone(8310) goes under 5 n it should say 'reorder nk 8310'
And if n e fone is not sold for whole month or loong time than it should pup up sayin 'out on offer'
OR ANY ALTERNATIVE WAYS ROUND THIS WILL BE APPRECIATED.
thank u

if cell A1 contains the number of phones in stock and you want the message to appear in cell B1 then use the formula

=IF(A1<5,"Reorder Nokia 8310","")

Upvote 0
thankx but i wanted to know hw do i record the number of items sold ie it should have number in stock n when each one item iz sold t should be recorded in n i wated to no how would this work. do u get wat i mean i mean the system it self should detect how many fonez sold n how many left not me entring the number sold
for example the store has 6 nk 8310 mobiles n if one is sold than it should be detected that a item iz sold n needs to be reordere in other words it iz a AUTOMATED STOCK CHECKER. and i think just one formula would not be enough for this i think a couple of formulaes wll be required.
THANK U hope 2 here soon from u.

Upvote 0
On 2002-02-26 14:39, rajface2face wrote:
thankx but i wanted to know hw do i record the number of items sold ie it should have number in stock n when each one item iz sold t should be recorded in n i wated to no how would this work. do u get wat i mean i mean the system it self should detect how many fonez sold n how many left not me entring the number sold
for example the store has 6 nk 8310 mobiles n if one is sold than it should be detected that a item iz sold n needs to be reordere in other words it iz a AUTOMATED STOCK CHECKER. and i think just one formula would not be enough for this i think a couple of formulaes wll be required.

for a system to automatically detect that the phone is sold excel would somehow need to be linked in with your till?

However you decide to do it, somehow something needs to trigger that there has been a sale and which stock item needs to have its stock count amended.

How would excel knw that a phone has been sold?

Upvote 0
On 2002-02-26 15:50, gplhl wrote:

for a system to automatically detect that the phone is sold excel would somehow need to be linked in with your till?

However you decide to do it, somehow something needs to trigger that there has been a sale and which stock item needs to have its stock count amended.

Exactly thats wat i mean. i t will be like a deals over phone like pp call in n order mobie phones. n when a phone has been sold than wat kind of macro or formula should i use to tell the systemm tat so n so item is sold i mean the system i am making is for the mnagr of the company n this system sholud have SUMIN so it can be told that this many of so n so item sold n the system is updated every week ie the maneger is told at end of the week that this many 8310s were sold n he keys tha in to keep a rec ord n i need help in every thing in this system i have writen. the whole program if u can give me n e ideas for this SPREADSHEET project 4 A level . THANK u

Upvote 0
On 2002-02-26 16:03, rajface2face wrote:

Exactly thats wat i mean. i t will be like a deals over phone like pp call in n order mobie phones. n when a phone has been sold than wat kind of macro or formula should i use to tell the systemm tat so n so item is sold i mean the system i am making is for the mnagr of the company n this system sholud have SUMIN so it can be told that this many of so n so item sold n the system is updated every week ie the maneger is told at end of the week that this many 8310s were sold n he keys tha in to keep a rec ord n i need help in every thing in this system i have writen. the whole program if u can give me n e ideas for this SPREADSHEET project 4 A level . THANK u

i need help ASAP

i think i neva made my self clear
here is wat i wanted
i want my sytem to be able to keep a record of the stock (all the diffrent mobiles) and i don't know how to do that on excel. i could have a list of all the items n next to each item i could have how many in stock n i could make a formula that every time a item is sold i click on its box n it minuses one from the stock. i guess u jknow wat kind of formulae i need n if u still don't understand please let me knoe ASAP
thank u

Upvote 0
On 2002-02-28 04:11, rajface2face wrote:
On 2002-02-26 16:03, rajface2face wrote:

i need help ASAP

i think i neva made my self clear
here is wat i wanted
i want my sytem to be able to keep a record of the stock (all the diffrent mobiles) and i don't know how to do that on excel. i could have a list of all the items n next to each item i could have how many in stock n i could make a formula that every time a item is sold i click on its box n it minuses one from the stock. i guess u jknow wat kind of formulae i need n if u still don't understand please let me know ASAP
thank u

i need help urgent

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max_pedreira

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back