New Guy Questions

Jar2112

Hello,

Hello,

-I have been looking deep into the bowels of the Internet searching for help with my excel project. I have been working on this for the majority of the day and have been determined to make this work.

-I want to make a simple spreadsheet to update stock quotes. Basically three columns symbol, name, and current price. I have about 600 stocks that I want to watch. After several frustrating hours, I have been able to make 3 worksheets that will update using the already install WebQuery. I don’t like the format. I simply want to take the little information that I want and put it into a clean format on another page. How do I copy this information from the three worksheets (had to make three because it would only accept 200 quotes at a time) and put it on one clean worksheet? I am new to using excel and anything but its most basic capacity so any info will help.

-Also, is there a better way to use WebQuery to just pick out the info I want? Am I going about this the right way?

I really appreciate the help…….I am close to slamming my head into the monitor…

THANKS….

Excel Facts

Test for Multiple Conditions in IF?
Use AND(test, test, test, test) or OR(test, test, test, ...) as the logical_test argument of IF.
Hi Jar2112:

Welcome to MrExcel Board!

Let us look at the part where you want to copy the information from three worksheets into one worksheet. Unless I am missing something here, it should be a simple copying and pasting task.

From what you have stated, there is info for upto 200 stocks on each sheet, and you would like to have info for say all 600 stocks in one sheet.
Let us make a fourth sheet, so now we have sheet1, shee2, sheet3, and sheet4.

Now copy the info from sheet1 and paste it into sheet4, say cell A1. Then copy the info from sheet2, and paste it at the next row after the last row of sheet4, and do the same by copying sheet3 and pasting it.

Now , we have 4 sheets. Sheet1, sheet2, and sheet3 are your originals, and sheet4 is your consolidated working copy.

I hope this helps.

Upvote 0
Hey,

Thanks for the welcome. Actually, what I was trying to attempt is when I update the prices in the other 3 sheets, it automaticly updates the forth sheet. Is there a way to do that?

Thanks...

Upvote 0
Jar2112 said:
Hey,

Thanks for the welcome. Actually, what I was trying to attempt is when I update the prices in the other 3 sheets, it automaticly updates the forth sheet. Is there a way to do that?

Thanks...

Try this:

On sheet 4;
select the cell where you want to start your data;
now select sheet 1;
select the 1st cell you want to show up on sheet 4;
hit enter;

on sheet 4 you now have the 1st cell contents from sheet 1;
select this cell; left click on the handle and drag down till you have all the of contents from the 1st col of sheet 1
repeat for the other 2 cols

repeat for sht 2and sht3

I'm sure there are better ways to do this but this will get the job done

Upvote 0
Jar2112 said:
Hey,

Thanks...
Yes! -- link the cells in the fourth sheet to the respective cells in the three sheets.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drewmorgan128

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back