Is it possible to have multiple Row Labels using Pivots?

titoexcel

Board Regular
Hello,

I am dealing with testing of software and not using any testing software for it but just sharepoints and excel. The problem we run into is having to deal with hand offs between testers and not knowing whats coming next for which work stream.

I was wondering if it is possible to pivot all of this to make sense rather then using vlookups next to the pivots. This spreadsheet would be linked to sharepoint site that testers use to update the test results or defects. (Pass/Fail/Blank)

So in the spreadsheet attached I have look of what I would love the pivots to do but I did it with vlookups(added columns before and after pivots) and the only problem I have is if they add a row (test case) in sharepoint it would potentialy throw of all the vlookups. I would love to know if its possible to set it up as pivots which automatically update as its refreshed.

I know this might be a bit confusing but please let me know if you can help.

Sheet5 is the pivots of what I would love to have and Sheet 1 is the sample of the data.

If you can come up with even a better way that would be amazing but my goal is to be able to filter on business operations and lets say find "Services" and from there see which ones have failed and passed (E2E # = End to End Scenario #, Test Case Name, and test case sequence where it failed).

I am having trouble attaching a file. If anyone can help please post your email and I will email it to you.

Please please help.

Thank you.

Al the help is appreciated.

Excel Facts

Bring active cell back into view
Start at A1 and select to A9999 while writing a formula, you can't see A1 anymore. Press Ctrl+Backspace to bring active cell into view.
Yes you can have multiple row fields, multiple column fields and multiple value fields in a pivot table. I have had as many as 5 page fields 7 row fields 2 column fields and 4 value fields.

Upvote 0
I know i can drag multiple columns into the row labels, but how to have it set up this

row label 1 | Row Label 2|
Tester Test Sequence #

Or is it impossible to have row labels in a column next to you rather then below?

Upvote 0
Ah you found the "Classic Pivot Table layout" checkbox.

I almost always want this because I use the pivot table to pull things out and report them.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DW Draft

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back