Likes Likes:  0

Thread: helllllp please

Board Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a fixed width file I am importing into Excel. It has 3 columns. "A" is a customer number ie 1004. "B" is customer name ie Tom's Auto and "C" is how much he bought from me this month. I would like to see his next month sales in "D". If I import the same report next month I will have duplicate cust numbers in "A" and "B" with next monts sales in "C". Is there any possible way to get those new numbers in "D" with the right customer and then delete the duplicat record?

Plese help if you can

Board Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If no=one can help you. Email me the workbook and an import file example...
    TsTom@Hotmail.Com

MrExcel MVP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On 2002-05-03 21:12, mrxwantobe wrote:
    I have a fixed width file I am importing into Excel. It has 3 columns. "A" is a customer number ie 1004. "B" is customer name ie Tom's Auto and "C" is how much he bought from me this month. I would like to see his next month sales in "D". If I import the same report next month I will have duplicate cust numbers in "A" and "B" with next monts sales in "C". Is there any possible way to get those new numbers in "D" with the right customer and then delete the duplicat record?

Plese help if you can
    If you will have matching rows for customers you can import only the purchase figures and put them in column D next to the customer's purchase figures for previous month;
    If you import the entire file, and the customer record rows match, you can use the INDEX function to retrieve any customer's purchase figures;
    If you import the file, and customer rows don't match, then you can use the VLOOKUP function to get the customer's purchase figures.
    I am sorry about the long answer, but in reality, it should be a pretty straight forward process.

Regards!
    Regards!

Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.
    Energy Efficient Building Network LLC
    www.energyefficientbuild.com

Some videos you may like

User Tag List

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others