Repost: Cut and paste error message problem

Noir

I use the following formula to match data between sheet1 and sheet2 of my workbook;
=A2&" Found in row "&MATCH(A2,Sheet2!$A$1:$A$1000,0). The formula works fine but,
when i cut data from a source workbook and paste it into my main workbook, i receive 2 separate error messages 1.Visual Basic Error="File Not Found". 2.MS Excel Error="Cannot Paste Data". Although the data does paste successfully, i get these error messages everytime.

Please advise as to how i can get rid of these error messages.

Thx,
Noir

Excel Facts

Which Excel functions can ignore hidden rows?
The SUBTOTAL and AGGREGATE functions ignore hidden rows. AGGREGATE can also exclude error cells and more.
Are you sure that the formula is the same ? Usually when you copy a formula from one workbook to another the formula changes to point back to the source workbook! If this is the case you can modify the new formula so that the workbook name is not included in the formula. Another thing you can try is before you copy the formula append a single quote to the front of formula and then delete the single quote once you've made the copy. IE remove the single quote in the new location. There is probably a way to copy formula's without having to go to all this trouble ... but I have'nt found it yet.

Upvote 0
Nimrod,
Thanks for your reply.

What i am actually copying is raw data, not formulas. The data is normally serial numbers, part numbers or descriptions.

Noir

Upvote 0
I get the same two error messages sometimes when I do a copy paste from Access to Excel. And like you said, the data does paste. It is just annoying.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back