Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Repost: Cut and paste error message problem

Board Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use the following formula to match data between sheet1 and sheet2 of my workbook;
    =A2&" Found in row "&MATCH(A2,Sheet2!$A$1:$A$1000,0). The formula works fine but,
    when i cut data from a source workbook and paste it into my main workbook, i receive 2 separate error messages 1.Visual Basic Error="File Not Found". 2.MS Excel Error="Cannot Paste Data". Although the data does paste successfully, i get these error messages everytime.

Please advise as to how i can get rid of these error messages.

Thx,
    Noir

MrExcel MVP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you sure that the formula is the same ? Usually when you copy a formula from one workbook to another the formula changes to point back to the source workbook! If this is the case you can modify the new formula so that the workbook name is not included in the formula. Another thing you can try is before you copy the formula append a single quote to the front of formula and then delete the single quote once you've made the copy. IE remove the single quote in the new location. There is probably a way to copy formula's without having to go to all this trouble ... but I have'nt found it yet.

Board Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nimrod,
    Thanks for your reply.

What i am actually copying is raw data, not formulas. The data is normally serial numbers, part numbers or descriptions.

Noir

Board Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get the same two error messages sometimes when I do a copy paste from Access to Excel. And like you said, the data does paste. It is just annoying.

Some videos you may like

User Tag List

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others