Unhide command?

cables

Hi,
I can "Step Into" my macros, but cannot "Edit" them. I get a message: "Cannot edit a macro on a hidden workbook. Unhide the workbook using the unhide command". The help menu doesn't say anything about the Unhide Command.
What does hidden mean and how can I unhide it?
Thanks.
Ron S

Excel Facts

Copy a format multiple times
Select a formatted range. Double-click the Format Painter (left side of Home tab). You can paste formatting multiple times. Esc to stop
From your Window menu in Excel (not the VB Editor), choose Unhide.

:)

Upvote 0
On your toolbar , on the window menu, there is a hide and unhide command . Check the unhide command and see if you have a hidden workbook if you do unhide it with the unhide command.

Upvote 0
On 2002-05-04 22:10, Dreamboat wrote:
From your Window menu in Excel (not the VB Editor), choose Unhide.

:)

Hi Dreamboat,
Thank you for your reply. I chose Unhide but now all my macros are gone. What gives? I would like to be able to print a macro but can't from Step Into.
Cables

Upvote 0
Cables, are you familiar with the VB Editor window?

At the top-left you'll see a *browsing* window that's a lot like Windows Explorer. On the *first level*, you should see your file, and also any hidden files that you've *unhidden* by going to Window menu in the Excel workbook view and choosing Unhide.

If you are not familiar with hidden Excel files, and you're doing VBA, then you should be.

When you create a macro to be used in ALL files, Excel automatically creates a file called personal.xls. This file is stored in your XLSTART directory. It is also hidden. Other than that, it's an Excel file like any other.

Launch Excel with NO files open. Hit Window on the menu. Hit Unhide. Are you given any file names? At this point, it seems this would be your first step.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back