how to remove office totally from pc?

XiniX

Board Regular
Can anyone help me with that, My Office is running bad. I must remove it totally from my system, How can i do that?

Excel Facts

Will the fill handle fill 1, 2, 3?
Yes! Type 1 in a cell. Hold down Ctrl while you drag the fill handle.
use the un install routeen on the ORIGINAL Microsoft Diask, regardless ove version

Or insert ORIGINAL auto start and choose REMOVE.. custom this as reqd, can repair also..

Can i ask, running bad???? explain please might be able to help.

Upvote 0
For both Office 97 and Office 2000, there is a program called Eraser. It is required to use this if you want to completely remove Office from your system. I have not yet seen one for Office XP.

Depending on when your install CDs were manufactured, this program may already reside on your installation disks. Otherwise, you can download them from Microsoft:

Office 97:
http://support.microsoft.com/directory/article.asp?ID=KB;EN-US;Q176823
You may also want to read this:
http://support.microsoft.com/directory/article.asp?ID=KB;EN-US;Q173310

Office 2000:
http://support.microsoft.com/directory/article.asp?ID=KB;EN-US;Q219423

Good luck!

Upvote 0
correct me if in wrong do not ALL Office CD ORIGINAL have un0install on them?

I always assume all guys run licenced ORIGIANL software, eles you break fedral laws as laidf down by US laws whicjh are reconlised by the world over, if not very practiced, MALTA is an exception they DO NOT reconlise copywright what so ever.

Also many guys are US and this site is US, maybe the FBI have links in pirate software>>>

OR nmaybe im wrong.. Version?? manufacture is all teh same place in Microsoft HQ and dispatched if build in other loocation.

MS will not allow less that EXACTLY what they state to be on that disk - they are like that. And its good they protect their intrests, i have paid thousands to buy MS product, #650 GBP or 1000USD is a lot but i have many.

I have vrsion 95 from Canada i was presented with via Canadain charity i was working for this have install.

Deeampoat do you refer to OEM vs DPS, or lump ware.

Upvote 0
Uninstall isn't the same as Eraser. Uninstall doesn't clean up the registry from Office.

I don't think the installation method matters. I have never heard of it. We use Eraser at work, where we have network installs. I've used it at home, where I have hard-drive installs. And I've supported many users with it. I've never had anyone come back to me and say "Well, it won't work on my install..."

Can only assume it works on any type of install.

:)

Upvote 0
erase??? or see cnet better know formally as download.com has uninstallers, these are fine i have tested a few norton Synmantis, uninstall pro and a few others.

but why load software when these no need the original disk has this covered!
reg ok does MS not provide a regedit as well or what ever its now called regclean, ???

Comfused, why DL *download* and *install* for nothing.

Is it not best to run with microsioft as much as we can, or do we assume Microsoft are as useless and i shout most days???

confused...

unless you run pirate of cause......

you bnever hear me complaign, or have bits of the prog missing, i pay fortunes and get the best kit, what i dont like is why sould i DL patchs cant i buy them its easier and faster, and i like looking at the SW thats pointless to buy???

Upvote 0
Jack:

At this point, I feel like you might be confusing the user.

Eraser 97 and Eraser 2000 are utility programs that were created by and are distributed by Microsoft specifically for the purpose of completely eliminating Office from a PC on which it has been installed.

This is not freeware/shareware or anything of the sort. It is not available at downloads.com (CNET), nor is it pirated software.

If you read the information at the links, you'll find my information is accurate.

You are correct, however, that it would be far better for us to first check into the REASONS that the user believes they need to uninstall Office before spending the time to troubleshoot the problems they're experiencing.

:)

Upvote 0
I messed around in the original installed office, and when i re-installed it it still was behaving bad...
When i inserted a graphic in word/or Excel than Word/ or Excel was gone without saying anything, it just went off...

Thanks for helping me...

Upvote 0
OK i do not offer techi skills here, does unstallers work here due to registerys???

Ermm

Nope.

the isses ar related to what?

uninstall prog such as uninstall arer avalible on download.com or ised to be i beta tested this SW
however i shout often enough NEVER just un install.

as i say why un install... why install ,, find out why ! FIRST.

any comments?

Im sure between us we will solve ths. its 12pm London so 2PM US or depending on location over to the US guys now, thank you US friends

Upvote 0
Xinix:

You choose Insert-Picture-From file, and then the program crashes on you?

It does not matter whether it is Word or Excel?

What version of Office do you run? Can you tell us?

This could be a printer driver issue. Can you try selecting a different printer and THEN inserting a picture?

It could be that your hard drive is cluttered with unnecessary/leftover files. You can clean it up with the instructions here to see if that helps:

http://www.thewordexpert.com/cleanyourpc.htm

This message was edited by Dreamboat on 2002-05-05 16:45

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thietbibeboiwasaco

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back