Scroll Bar Disappears

Creative Type

Sometimes the bottom scroll bar and worksheet tabs "disappear." How do I get them back? I am sure this is a simple question but can't find it in my reference book. Thank you...

Excel Facts

Can a formula spear through sheets?
Use =SUM(January:December!E7) to sum E7 on all of the sheets from January through December
CT,

Click on Tools>Options>View, and make sure you have the scroll bar and sheet tabs checked

James

This message was edited by James on 2002-05-05 16:27

Upvote 0
also try :

view
fullscreen

this can chop them off also, although you'd notice your toolbars n things going awol also so it's probably not that

Upvote 0
Another thing that can occur:

The file window gets moved around inside the program's window.

Hit Window-Arrange, and hit OK. Then maximize the file window by using the restore button.

Upvote 0
Thanks so much for responding...I think I am going to be using this web site a lot. I barely know Excel and just started a new job that is going to require extensive Excel work. Thank you for answering my post!

Upvote 0
Welcome, CT. One of the great things about sites like this is that you can search through the previously asked questions. If you found that one of these replies worked for you, it's helpful to someone who searches to know WHICH one. You'll be able to save them some time, and also *give a little bit back* to the site.

:)

Upvote 0
Anne Troy's response worked for me in Excel 2010, select VIEW/ARRANGE ALL <ARRANGE All>from the ribbon and then check WINDOWS OF ACTIVE WORKBOOK. <WINDOWS workbook active of>

Last edited:
Upvote 0
CT,

Click on Tools>Options>View, and make sure you have the scroll bar and sheet tabs checked

James

[SIZE=-1][ This Message was edited by: James on 2002-05-05 16:27 ][/SIZE]

When I open Excel and activate the macro, my scroll bar vertical and horizontal just disappear... and in tools option it was not checked. So I check it back and it is there and works fine. However I have to do this everytime. can anyone help with this? We normally shouldn t have to check those box every single time...

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rik81h

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back