Creating Invoices from scratch

irish_ems

Hi there, I am doing this assignment :devilish: and I have no clue how to use Excel and i need to know this like yesterday so can anyone walk me through how to create an invoice within my worksheet??

I have a new page set up with a heading. The teachers one was able to look up member numbers, account information such as the activities they have used and the prices.

Thanx,
Ems x

Excel Facts

What did Pito Salas invent?
Pito Salas, working for Lotus, popularized what would become to be pivot tables. It was released as Lotus Improv in 1989.
Unfortunately, it's not the job of free tech support sites to:

Do your homework for you.
Make it a rush job for you.

You won't learn anything that way.

However, if you just start working on it, you can ask specific questions to help you get through it. Might I suggest that you start with a worksheet that has account numbers and names, etc? All the stuff that might appear on an invoice? Then, you might want to make another worksheet that contains the products they sell by item number, description and price.

See what you can do with that.

I truly wish you the best of luck!

(Come to think of it, you might want to use that search button up there and find that this has ACTUALLY BEEN DONE FOR YOU. You only need find it.)

This message was edited by Dreamboat on 2002-05-05 19:27

Upvote 0
I agree with Dreamboat.
Here , however , are a few hints to get you going in the right direction.
If you log on, with specific questions, that indicate you need help with what your working on, I will be more then happy to help.

For example have one sheet that is your entry invoice sheet. Another sheet would be a centralized database with each row being a data record. The data sheet has a seperate column for each aspect of invoice ColA = invoice number, ColB Customer, ColC item , ColD = Cost etc etc.
There would be a seperate row for every entry into an invioce.
When you make up an invoice you fill out sheet one and then print it out and save to your data sheet.

The nice thing about doing it this way is that you have a centralized data structure that could be queried with pivot tables and excel formulas.
Hope you don't mind my opinion on this mater.
This message was edited by Nimrod on 2002-05-05 19:32

Upvote 0
i have read this feed with utter discussed.

there a guy from the Republic hows first post have been met buy a it not the tech site job to ABC

whos answering for me, NO ONE thats who, the guy needs help, you know fully well i hate students who expect the job done for them but i still help if they post thats the ideas YES.

no one answers for me as i read the direct responce.

Look mate ive friends in the south and many in the north, some very very good excel guys out there, use google to find them, one guys in Co Roscommin and Ofaley.

Another in the North in Co Antrim, NI

for a fast quick invoice try looking at Dreamboats site a very basic effective zip file is there and you can nick it as its free domain, and she has it there for people to use. but edit it i have scanned and im formilur with it.

I work in Finance so ill answer any question you wish... and help all i can.. ill tell you how to do you do the work

these a deal everyone will be happ with.

I gues you 14 16.. ill help you.. but understand and learn is the name of teh game, a teacher asked a guys we helpped and he had no idea, he just took.

any help?

Upvote 0
Right........

Firstly I am a woman, I am nearly 19 and I don't expect things done for me, I work **** hard at my course, I am sitting on A's and B's so far, I just don't know how to do an invoice, I have read the book and I have tried but I can't do it.

I think its extremely rude how you completely judged me there and gave me the labels of "a student who doesn;t wanna work", because thats not me. Nor am I a kid, nor am a male and nor am I stupid.

What is the world coming too, then I would expect this from men.........

And thanku to the Irish guy for your offer of help, but I got help from someone who actually respected me and helped me do my work.

Thanks anyway.

Upvote 0
Ems,

Heartfelt apologies that you didn't get the help you expected. I'm glad you got your problem solved. If you actually return to the board ever, reread yoru original post and see if it was worded as well as you may have first thought, then have a quick look for posts from "Arash_The_A_Level_Student" and "Sami". I think a combination of bad-timing, as these two were still fresh in people's minds, and a poorly worded orginal post from yourself resulted in your bitter experience here. :)

Can you think of a better way to word this part now? (I don't mean to sound condescending if that's the way I'm coming across):

Hi there, I am doing this assignment and I have no clue how to use Excel and i need to know this like yesterday so can anyone walk me through how to create an invoice within my worksheet??

Anyway, good luck with the rest of your studies.

_________________<font color = green> Mark O'Brien
This message was edited by Mark O'Brien on 2002-05-14 18:50
This message was edited by Mark O'Brien on 2002-05-14 19:05

Upvote 0
On 2002-05-14 18:01, irish_ems wrote:
Right........

Firstly I am a woman, I am nearly 19 and I don't expect things done for me, I work **** hard at my course, I am sitting on A's and B's so far, I just don't know how to do an invoice, I have read the book and I have tried but I can't do it.

I think its extremely rude how you completely judged me there and gave me the labels of "a student who doesn;t wanna work", because thats not me. Nor am I a kid, nor am a male and nor am I stupid.

What is the world coming too, then I would expect this from men.........

And thanku to the Irish guy for your offer of help, but I got help from someone who actually respected me and helped me do my work.

Thanks anyway.

Hi irish_ems:

Now PLEASE don't get it wrong. The first response you got is from Dreamboat -- our only female MrExcelMVP. So, you see any one can misjudge. I hope you understood the essence of what every one was trying to say. Don't forget all of us here put in time voluntarily -- all of us -- those who ask the questions, as well as those who answer the questions. You would have to wonder why the people who know this stuff spend time on this board -- I will give you my opinion -- to help -- to help oneself as well as others.
Please recall that real help would be to show some one how to do iot rather than to do it for them. Doing it for some one might be easier than to teach on how to do it. So the good folks who venture this board here generally follow this policy.

I am sure if you will look at the responses you got with a cool head, you will see a common thread of willingness to help -- but then again helping the right way.

I am sure one day you will be teaching others and you will appreciate that it is better to teach the fundamentald rather than handout the answers.

We would love to hear from you! -- We are an international community of Excel enthusiasts, and through our participation on this board we truly learn and enrich ourselves every day whether we are asking a question ot posting a response.

Regards!

Upvote 0
Thanks for your responses and I'm sorry you've had trouble or whatever with "students" in the past. I'm not your typical student, I'm a 19 year old going on about 62 so I'm told and I apologise for getting mad I just so hate being judged and labelled as something I am not.

I did see that people were willing to help thats why I came back. I didn't mean to word my post in any other way than I was in a rush and I'm a fairly un-subtle person at all. I just needed a little starter, I didn't want the thing done for me.

Anyway thankyou for your replies and I'm sorry for reacting badly.

Upvote 0
Irish_ems,

I have a really slick invoice program that uses the MS excel template and does a whole lot more. I would give it to you to learn from, but its all in spanish.

Anyway, if you still need to see what an invoice looks like, you can take a look at the MS excel invoice template.

Upvote 0
I'd also like to add that HELP means help, whether or not you get paid to do it, you cannot choose who to help because of the way they ask and nor is it your business to look down on people because they are students and need "taught" not shown how to do things.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joaquim_Baptista

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back