Possible to copy row height/column width when copy format?

G

When duplicating a section of a workbook, is there a way to copy the row heights and column widths as well as the cell formats. Every method I've tried, I can get the cell format(borders,bold print,currency,etc.) but the rows and columns have to be sized manually.

Excel Facts

Square and cube roots
The =SQRT(25) is a square root. For a cube root, use =125^(1/3). For a fourth root, use =625^(1/4).
Hi
If you're using Excel 2000 try this:
Select the entire rows you want to copy, when you paste them to a new sheet the rows heights should adjust.
Now copy the columns whose widths you want to repeat. When you paste, use Paste Special,Column Widths.
Hope this helps
Regards
Derek

Upvote 0
Thank you. It is at least 90% solution. Still have to cut and paste data on a second pass but that is much easier than sizing hundreds of rows and dozens of columns.

Upvote 0
On your original excel worksheet, there is a blank square located above the "1" and to the left of "A" column and row identifiers. Right click on this blank square, choose copy. This will copy everything on your original sheet. Now go to the new sheet. Right click on the blank square, choose paste. This will copy and paste everything exactly as it was on the original sheet, columns, rows, formatting.

Upvote 0
On your original excel worksheet, there is a blank square located above the "1" and to the left of "A" column and row identifiers. Right click on this blank square, choose copy. This will copy everything on your original sheet. Now go to the new sheet. Right click on the blank square, choose paste. This will copy and paste everything exactly as it was on the original sheet, columns, rows, formatting.

Thank you! It's really an easy thing to do, but I would have never figured it out... :)

Upvote 0
Hi,

Looking at this I think the original question is to just take the row and column widths - nothing else....the solutions offered will take content as well.

I think I may have the solution to this at least for the column width - for some reason it does not list row heights!! It involves going a stage further than that given here in "paste special" options....

Do as suggested above to copy using that corner square but in the paste go "Paste Special" - then there is another "Paste Special..." option at the bottom of teh box that appears - which leads to a series of buttons to select your option...choose "column widths"...ok...voila...

Hope that at least covers part of it....I usually find that the row heights will be variable in any event in the longer term....

Cheers

Lano

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
visheshkotha

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back