Word macro

Board Regular
Hi Does any one know why word macro runs slower on windows xp machine as compared to windows nt machine? is there any fix for it?
I have one word macro used to take 5 minutes to run now the same macro with the same data takes 14 minutes?
I know this is excel board but i am just trying to find answer to this one as i know lot of excel users are word user too?

Excel Facts

Back into an answer in Excel
Use Data, What-If Analysis, Goal Seek to find the correct input cell value to reach a desired result
I would have to say check out Dreamboat's site: http://www.thewordexpert.com (if she doesn't answer you on this board :) )

_________________<font color=red>~*</font><font color=blue>Kristy</font><font color=red>*~</font>

"Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam."
WebX

This message was edited by Von Pookie on 2002-05-06 07:15

Upvote 0
Open the doc, open the VB editor (alt-F11), from the Debug menu, choose compile. Save the file, try running your code again. Let me know!

Upvote 0
guys il be extreamly please if dreamboats site answers this, Ok a work VBA script, running slow on different PC's?

Thisis super complex and has all kinds of reasons, i coul write 100 pages on this one.

simpl: its down to memory allocations of the PC spec.

remember NT is commercial XP is domestic/office so these the difference, not many guys can run NT at home, unless they are techi, even load software is a dog, but its solid.

NT built XP remember that, also the 32 bit addressing structures with NT admin technologies account for most.

NT is slim and trin POWERing windows to deliver.

XP is for amyone, and so is fat lumpy and rough.. i would bet NT wins if seet on same spec PC, NT will sucessfully manage data and resources better than XP will

these are guesses as i have never tested this, but sounds spot on to me..

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hengshankouniuniu

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back