Changing comment position ?

Billm

Board Regular
Is it possible to change the position of the red triangle in a cell that denotes a comment ?

My worksheet is restricted to only a couple of columns and the comment in the last column displays outside of the users viewable area. Is there some way of making the comment display to the Left of the cell as opposed to the right as standard ?

Thanks
Bill

i could go off you Chris!

dam times you snarl, did you try my camra trick, nope i grumply say,

again your right!

i should really learn, frightening thing is i just know this will work arround just fine....

a very big BIG thanks Chris... a quality fix!

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

How to fill five years of quarters?
Type 1Q-2023 in a cell. Grab the fill handle and drag down or right. After 4Q-2023, Excel will jump to 1Q-2024. Dash can be any character.
cheers.... it's really a last resort though, it has some serious drawbacks.

Pretty nifty though, comments popping up both left and right !

Upvote 0
fingers are broken not the bone the tipof the bone so bit floats about and other messy twisted, to many times i guess.

Dr warned me no more impacts or my hand cpuld colaps.. should see the xray, every joint is damaged, to may heads i have hit i guess.

but they stil hurt and anoy me, but ive tested them in case of troubles in my streets and im fine, just have to not mess about - just keep it business.

Funny people are generally nice and polite tome when im out, cant think why im super polite as you expect...

pop up both side well i fancy it what you do is have the all over the place i guess.

you idea the camra and i feel some heavy exploting needed of this gadget, ido not feel it have been exchausted but a long way

cheers chris, also i won 2 1 sunday, you know my team never looses regardless of what side im on!

Upvote 0
If your excel comments have moved out of position, you can reset them to there original position by using the following code:

Sub ResetComments()
Dim cmt As Comment
For Each cmt In ActiveSheet.Comments
cmt.Shape.Top = cmt.Parent.Top + 5
cmt.Shape.Left = _
cmt.Parent.Offset(0, 1).Left + 5
Next
End Sub

Regards,
Mohammed Ali
http://daily-exceltips.blogspot.com/

Upvote 0
Have you tried DATA VALIDATION...where you can include a comment that will appear when the user hovers the pointer over its area?

Upvote 0
I posted some code HERE that dinamically changes the position of comments to the left when pointing the mouse over the cell .

It uses a background loop which kind of has a performance hit.

If anyone is further interested in this , I can adapt the code so the loop runs in an out of process VBS file and doesn't affect the workbook performance.

Regards.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbonilla0331

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back