Solver Using VBA

Swoootie

Board Regular
I am producing a template Excel based optamisation tool using Solver. I want to roll this out to other members of the team but I would like there to be as little manual intervention as possible. Ideally, where there are a number of possible solutions to a problem I would like VBA to select and output a solution rather than promting the user or producing numerous pop ups.
Is there a way to do this.

Thanks

Excel Facts

Excel Wisdom
Using a mouse in Excel is the work equivalent of wearing a lanyard when you first get to college
Hi Andrew and thanks for your reply. Yes I did try that option, however, a pop up box shows up every time a feasible solution is reached. So for example, if there are more than 1 possible solutions, as each solution is reached a pop-up prompts the user saying "Show Trial Solution", with the option to continue or stop. I am trying to get away from any user manipulation, so would prefer that the 1st option (or most optimal option if that is feasible) is retained without the user having to deal with various pop-ups / prompts.

Thanks again for your help. </SPAN>

Upvote 0
Unfortunately that doesn't stop the pop-ups / prompts and neither does adding:
Application.DisplayAlerts = False

Really puzzled...

Upvote 0
Unfortunately I won't be able to send the front-end / interface related to this, as it contains some company - sensitive informtaion. However, the code below is executed through a button and the user is promted for a "target value" which must be matched subject to certain constraints that have been included.

Hope the majority of this is self explainitory, however, please let me know if you require any additional details. Basically I would like the "trial solutions" not to be displayed, but rather I would prefer it if Solver output the most optimal solution without being promted for it.

Thanks

Option Explicit</SPAN>
Sub RUNSOLVER()</SPAN>
Application.Run "SolverReset"</SPAN>
Dim TARGET As Variant</SPAN>
TARGET = Application.InputBox("ENTER TARGET % IN A DECIMAL FORMAT (E.G. A TARGET OF 0.25% SHOULD BE ENTERED AS 0.0025")</SPAN>
If Not IsNumeric(TARGET) Then</SPAN>
MsgBox "Please Enter a Valid Target Value"</SPAN>
End If</SPAN>
If TARGET > 1 Then</SPAN>
MsgBox "Please Enter a Target Value < 1"</SPAN>
End If</SPAN>
On Error GoTo 0</SPAN>
Application.Run "SolverAdd", "$U$46", 2, "$C$4"</SPAN>
Application.Run "SolverOk", "$G$86", 3, TARGET, "$B$50,$B$52"</SPAN>
Application.Run "SolverSolve", UserFinish:=False</SPAN>
Application.DisplayAlerts = False</SPAN>
On Error GoTo 0</SPAN>
Dim RESULT As Variant</SPAN>
RESULT = Application.Run("SolverSolve", True)</SPAN>
If RESULT <= 3 Then</SPAN>
MsgBox "SOLUTION FOUND", vbInformation, "SOLUTION FOUND"</SPAN>
ElseIf RESULT = 13 Then MsgBox "ERROR PLEASE CHECK PARAMETERS ENTERED AND TRY AGAIN"</SPAN>
Else: MsgBox "Solver was unable to find a solution.", vbExclamation, "SOLUTION NOT FOUND"</SPAN>

End If</SPAN>

End Sub</SPAN>

Upvote 0
I've tried it with and without false (ie with "true" instead) - still doesnt work. I have also tried the code without the display alerts options - it still doesnt work.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandomExceller01

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back