keeping worksheets from autoupdating

viper

Hi,

Is there a way to prevent one sheet in a workbook from updating when another one does?
What I mean is, I have workbook that contains 12 sheets(one for each month) I use the same formula for pulling the data from the other workbook for each sheet.
What I need is a way for say worksheet 2 to stay the way it is when worksheet 3 is updated. Right now all the sheets contain the same data because they use the same formula. When we are done with sheet 2 and move on to sheet 3 I need for sheet 2 to stay the way it was. I hope I explained this okay.

Thanks Ricky.

Nimrod,
I never said I wanted to disable the links, but I did want to learn how to do it in the event I did.

The workbook in question is a years worth of data, one sheet for each of our fiscal months. We will rename the file at the end of the year so we will have it for auditing purposes. My file goes out to a lot of other people that quite frankly are excel stupid. With my files I don't take chances when I send them out. I protect everything and automate as much as I can so that the other users will not have to enter all that much data. I just wanted to know how to keep the other sheets data intact without losing anything. And I wanted to know how many ways to accomplish it so that I can use them all.

But for the workbook I'll be using I will use your way.

Thanks again,

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number
Thanks for the explaination ... I just thought I might be mis-understanding the problem. Cheers :wink:

Upvote 0
Nimrod and Ricky,

Thanks for your suggestions but neither has worked. I have my sheet set up for manual calculation but when I open it, it still asks me if I want to autoupdate, when I look under edit>links it shows the links and then still shows it as automatic.

And for Ricky's code, I added two modules copied and pasted your code into them, gave the remove_links macro a shortcut key ctr+l.
When I am on the page I wish to remove the links and click the shortcut key the screen sorta flickers but the links stat in the cells.

What have I done wrong or is their another way to remove the links without clearing the data?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arbind kumar

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back