Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Multiple conditions with an array formula

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In order to provide a summary of performance against about 3000 rows of data, I wish to sum the number of rows in a sheet where several conditions are met.The summary is provided on a separate sheet within the same workbook. This summary sheet also holds the priorities, the target response times and the target response percentages.
    The conditions are:
    Entry in column A (Priority) is 1 (or 2, 3 or 4)
    Entry in column N (Target response time) is greater than a value held in cell B3 in
    summary sheet,
    Entry in column Q is less than a value held in cell C3 in the summary sheet.

I am trying without success to put together an array formula of the form:
    =sum(if(and(condition1 on A1:A9999,condition2 on N1:N9999, condition3 on Q1:Q9999),1))

Can anyone help?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

On 2002-05-07 02:32, Mansfiep wrote:
    In order to provide a summary of performance against about 3000 rows of data, I wish to sum the number of rows in a sheet where several conditions are met.The summary is provided on a separate sheet within the same workbook. This summary sheet also holds the priorities, the target response times and the target response percentages.
    The conditions are:
    Entry in column N (Target response time) is greater than a value held in cell B3 in
    summary sheet,

=sum(if(and(condition1 on A1:A9999,condition2 on N1:N9999, condition3 on Q1:Q9999),1))

Can anyone help?
    It looks like you want to do multiconditional counting. You didn't tell where the condition1 is, but try:

=SUMPRODUCT((A1:A9999=condition1)*(B1:B9999>B3)*(Q1:Q9999
    normally entered.

Consider also using Pivot Tables to summarize your data.

[ This Message was edited by: Aladin Akyurek on 2002-05-07 07:24 ]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On 2002-05-07 03:03, Aladin Akyurek wrote:
    On 2002-05-07 02:32, Mansfiep wrote:
    The conditions are:
    summary sheet,

Can anyone help?
    It looks like you want to do multiconditional counting. You didn't tell where the condition1 is, but try:

=SUMPRODUCT((A1:A9999=condition1)*(B1:B9999>B3)*(Q1:Q9999
    normally entered.

Consider also using Pivot Tables to summarize your data.
    Many thanks for your suggestions - they work exactly as required. I have not seen the multiconditioning counting before.

Some videos you may like

User Tag List

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others