Help needed with office quiz

gedclink

Get a lot of " quizzes " into the office through e-mail from colleagues etc..We can't always complete them ( due to lack of knowledge ) and want to know how we can find out the answers that appear to be "hidden" in the worksheet.

Essentially it would appear that when you type in a correct answer, it checks it then allocates a point . Someone told me you could " reveal " the answers by copying the original sheet and pasting it into a new sheet. This doesn't work..Any help please...

If anyone wants the quiz to try out on just ask and I'll mail it.

Thanks

Ged

Excel Facts

What did Pito Salas invent?
Pito Salas, working for Lotus, popularized what would become to be pivot tables. It was released as Lotus Improv in 1989.
In the box where it tells you if you are correct or not, you will often find the formula, something like =IF(A1="SomeTextHere", "Correct", "Incorrect").

Now you know that the answer is hidden in a Named Range. Now go to Edit/Go To and type in "SomeTextHere" - that will take you to the answers.

Nobby

Upvote 0
To ( kind of ) answer your question - sheets have 2 levels of being hidden. There is the usual Hidden value ( which you can set through Format...Sheet...Hide ) and then there is Very Hidden which can be set through the VBE.

If you've got sheets which are password protected & would like some code to remove the password ( it will only strip it, not tell yuo what it is ) then let me know & I'll post it.

Upvote 0
Iain, I would be very interested in the things you mentioned in your reply. How to make a sheet 'Very Hidden' (love that phrase!) and how to strip the code from a password protected sheet. Thanks

PhilR

Upvote 0
lian

I am interested in both of these please tell me more

thanks neill
This message was edited by neills on 2002-05-08 02:35

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back