Daily Update/Database

jlkirk

Office Version
  1. 365
On a daily basis, I track and record sales of different products at different prices and at different geographic locations. On any given day, there may be "multiple" sales (of different volumes of each good) at different prices. For example, on day 1, there may be 3 sales (100 units, 200 units and 300 units) of product A at Point One at $3.50, $3.25 and $3.00, respectively, and 2 sales (400 units and 450 units) of product B at Point Two at $4.75 and $5.00.

What I would like to do is create an "Input Sheet" wherein I would record daily these sales, and the "program" would automatically transfer the daily data over to another worksheet where it would be "posted" by day, and the daily and month-to-date (and year-to-date, if possible) weighted average would be calculated, by product by day.

Any suggestions?

Excel Facts

How can you automate Excel?
Press Alt+F11 from Windows Excel to open the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) editor.
I'm not being a smart @$%, but
you either need to break up this project and
post several smaller topics as you go or hire a consultant. There are several well qualified members of this board who do this professionally.
Tom

Upvote 0
TsTom,
What is it about this "project" that would require I do as you say? it seems to me to be a fairly straight-forward project-it's just that I don't know VBA!
Thanks for your response,
Jeff

Upvote 0
Hi Jeff
The project may be straight-forward to you because your workbook is on your desktop.
My previous point being, this is not a copy and paste project. It will be difficult to get some code examples without being specific. Before it's said and done, you may not need any code written at all. You will need to take this in bites and specify specific ranges, results expected, ect...
Your topic is way too broad.
I'm not trying to be critical, just helpful.
The benefit of supplying details usually lead to some very good, well thought out, replies from various perspectives.
Remember that it will cost someone time to help you. They may not want to risk wasting their time to provide a non-solution.
Catch my drift?
Thanks,
Tom

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzskater

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back