Excel 2007: Not plotting first month with zero value without plotting all 12 months and changing months to Jan 12 times

DEVART

Having a problem with Excel 2007. Our fiscal year starts in Oct. I want to show all 12 months in the horizontal axis and only plot one dot at zero for Oct since we did not complete any projects for the month. Instead, it will be blank for all 12 months or will plot zero for all 12 months and change the months to numerical format 1-12. Help! I have been working on this since Monday and still have not been able to figure it out.

Task Orders Completed (CUMULATIVE)
ASRRDISAOTHER
Oct0000
Nov
Dec
Jan
Feb
Mar
Apr
May
Jun
Jul
Aug
Sept

<tbody>
</tbody>

I don't know how to put my charts here to show you what I get.

Excel Facts

Select all contiguous cells
Pressing Ctrl+* (asterisk) will select the "current region" - all contiguous cells in all directions.
Hi,
Personally I would probably set all values initially to zero - then you have all twelve months graphed with none completed, and as time goes by the months should start filling up with values. You should make sure you use a graph with a "text" axis (which can be changed by right-clicking in the axis area and changing the graph properties). Don't use an X-Y graph as they expect numeric axes.

Upvote 0
Thank you for your response. I really appreciate it! I had a co-worker look at my graph this morning and he showed me that the plotting was done on the graph, they were just invisible. When he clicked on the area where it should be, it showed the results. Therefore, he went into formatting and selected a symbol for each value. Now they are all there. Thank you for your time though! I was so frustrated and it was a simple fix.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffman431a

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back