HELP -- tables...

mdurukan

Hi everybody,
I want to hide or unhide columns or rows in my tables by clicking on a button. But i do not want to make it by a macro, i can do it by a macro. But i've received a table fm someone and there was arrows at the columns and at the rows part. And u can hide or unhide the specific rows or columns by clicking those arrows. I do want to learn how he did that. I do not wanna ask to him because he does not like helping people....
thnxs for ur help...
This message was edited by mdurukan on 2002-02-27 05:18

Excel Facts

When did Power Query debut in Excel?
Although it was an add-in in Excel 2010 & Excel 2013, Power Query became a part of Excel in 2016, in Data, Get & Transform Data.
It sounds like he's either used the Autofilter (although I think that's just for columns) or grouped and outlined some of the data. Take a look at the Help files for these subjects.

Upvote 0
On 2002-02-27 05:24, Audiojoe wrote:
When you say arrows, do you mean auto-shapes?

no no,
it is not the auto shapes...
hmmmm it is like a button when u click it it hides some columns or arrows; and after the second click it unhides them. but trust me its not an macro !!!!!

Upvote 0
It's the Group and Outline function, which allows you to show/ hide groups of data either by column or row.

Upvote 0
On 2002-02-27 07:15, Mudface wrote:
It's the Group and Outline function, which allows you to show/ hide groups of data either by column or row.

in cells A1 to A7, enter the following : John, Paul, George, Ringo, Mary, Mungo, Midge

in cells B2 to B7 enter the following : 1,2,3,4,5,6,7

in A8 enter "retros total"

in B8 enter "=sum(b1:b7)

then highlight rows 1 to 7, select "data" then "group and outline" then "group" and it should group that whole block which should look familiar to what you were clicking on before, as Mudface postulated.

It's handy for grouping sections that you may want to hide later on for reporting or aesthetic purposes.

That's vertically : it also works horizontally - handy for hiding individual column months to just show an annual figure.

Hope this makes sense
Chris
:)

Upvote 0
On 2002-02-27 12:19, Chris Davison wrote:

in cells A1 to A7, enter the following : John, Paul, George, Ringo, Mary, Mungo, Midge

then highlight rows 1 to 7, select "data" then "group and outline" then "group" and it should group that whole block which should look familiar to what you were clicking on before, as Mudface postulated.

It's handy for grouping sections that you may want to hide later on for reporting or aesthetic purposes.

That's vertically : it also works horizontally - handy for hiding individual column months to just show an annual figure.

Hope this makes sense
Chris

sorry but where is the "group and outline" and "group" functions...????

Upvote 0
As Chris said, under the 'Data' menu heading on the main toolbar.
This message was edited by Mudface on 2002-02-28 04:07

Upvote 0
On 2002-02-28 04:02, Mudface wrote:
As Chris said, under the 'Data' menu heading on the main toolbar.
This message was edited by Mudface on 2002-02-28 04:07

oh!!!!!!
ok
thnxs a lot
that was the thing i was looking for
THANK U VERY MUCH...

Upvote 0
On 2002-02-28 03:24, Anonymous wrote:
On 2002-02-27 12:19, Chris Davison wrote:

THNXS A LOT FOR UR HELP...
that was the thing i was looking for...

Hope this makes sense
Chris

sorry but where is the "group and outline" and "group" functions...????

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AirOliver

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back