List Box - not able to scroll to last item

Russell Hauf

MrExcel MVP
I have a list box that I'm filling dynamically (depends on the file being opened, there could be 1 item and there could be up to 100). When I'm done adding items, etc., I'm not able to scroll to the last item. The microsoft link below does not satisfy what I want to do. I don't want the list box to be as long as the list - I'm fine with the user scrolling to find what they want.

Here's what I've tried so far:

• Setting the height to smaller than I want, then back to the height I really want
  • Setting the height to larger than the list, then back to my desired height (when I turn screenupdating on, I can see the last item when the list is made very tall - but it disappears once the height is set smaller again).
  • Adding another item then deleting it

None of these has worked. I am using fixed numbers to set the height (this refers to the link below).

Any suggestions?

-Russell

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q211696
This message was edited by Russell Hauf on 2002-05-07 15:14
This message was edited by Russell Hauf on 2002-05-07 15:14

Excel Facts

Best way to learn Power Query?
Read M is for (Data) Monkey book by Ken Puls and Miguel Escobar. It is the complete guide to Power Query.
Has anyone made any progress with this Bug.
On a workheet:
I have a set of 4 Multi Select, variable column and column width, listboxes with a variable number of items in each one.

Everything is fine except you can't scroll down to the list item in the list.
I have tried the "Add one more Item to the list" but it would be nice to "fix" it rather than work around it.

Thx
TT

Upvote 0
HIVED MOLE Re: List Box - not able to scroll to last item

hi there,
truly I learnt a great deal thru your postings Mr.Excel. And whenever I search, reg. Excel Macro Coding, I would first look for your posting. And if I dont see any posting from you, I would be greatly disappointed.

Well lately, I had come across this problem of "List Box - not able to scroll to last item". And as usual I looked for your reply.
Anyway, I could work around a lil to SEE THE LAST ITEM in the listbox. If you think this particular problem/solution still relevant to present times, please let me know. I will post the code. (By the way, I use EXCEL 2007. Not sure if this problem has been rectified by MS in the later version).
Regards - DEVA

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RobertJones1986

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back