Scenario summary or the IF scenario

AnnieJhnstn

I am learning about the scenario summaries can anyone explain these in a more simpified manner.
I have done a few but none of them come out the way they are suppose to even though I go through all the steps.
The main thing that always seems to be lacking is the summary part that you can type in t appear at the bottom of the scenario sheet, they are never there. What am I doing wrong.
Please help as soon as possible, Im suppose to sit an exam in two weeks and I still havent worked this out.
My second problem is the conditional cells, how do you get it to do three diffrent returns to give results poor if under 12000 ok if between 12000 and 15000 and good if over 15000.
Thanks in advance
Annie.x

Excel Facts

Why are there 1,048,576 rows in Excel?
The Excel team increased the size of the grid in 2007. There are 2^20 rows and 2^14 columns for a total of 17 billion cells.
Annie,

I can help with your second question. Are you trying to change the cell colors by those conditions or trying to insert "poor" etc in the cells?

To change the cell colors, click on a cell, go to Format/Conditional Formatting/Cell Value is less than or equal to 12000, click format/patterns set your color OK, click add, then add your second and third conditions

The first past needs a little more explanation.
This message was edited by Brian from Maui on 2002-05-07 16:54

Upvote 0
On 2002-05-07 15:50, Brian from Maui wrote:
Annie,

I can help with your second question. Are you trying to change the cell colors by those conditions or trying to insert "poor" etc in the cells?

The first past needs a little more explanation.

Hi Annie and Brian:
Addresing the second part, since Brian has already started on that one, we don't need conditional formatting on that one , the following nested formula will do ...

=IF(A1<=12000,"Poor",IF(A1<=15000,"OK","Good"))

Regards!

Upvote 0
Hiya Brian and Yogi,

Brian no I wasn't wanting the colour changed just the words into the cells but thank you for your reply.

Yogi, Thats the formula I had for the cells but the excel 2000 office assistant keeps telling me that there are too many colons and brackets so it won't let the formula stay in place.Any ideas why?

I gather neither of you knew about the scenario summaries.

Thanks in advance,
Annie.x

Upvote 0
On 2002-05-08 05:51, AnnieJhnstn wrote:
Hiya Brian and Yogi,

Brian no I wasn't wanting the colour changed just the words into the cells but thank you for your reply.

Yogi, Thats the formula I had for the cells but the excel 2000 office assistant keeps telling me that there are too many colons and brackets so it won't let the formula stay in place.Any ideas why?

I gather neither of you knew about the scenario summaries.

Thanks in advance,
Annie.x

Hi Annie:
Can you please post the formula you are using and a little bit more detail on the error that's being reported by Excel.

Oh! and on the Scenarios issue, I thought I would let some one with more hands-on experience address it for you. If you don't hear any thing on that, either repost your original question, or post a new question on scenarios only.

Regards!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
slaytonpa

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back