Excel formula

cmill

I am making a pricelist of thousands of items from a distributor of mine. One column has my cost and the other column is blank for me to put in my sale price. I am trying to figure out how to make a formula that will add 10.00 to the cost and round up the change to .95 cents. Can anyone help??

Thanks
Chris

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number
On 2002-05-07 16:52, cmill wrote:
I am making a pricelist of thousands of items from a distributor of mine. One column has my cost and the other column is blank for me to put in my sale price. I am trying to figure out how to make a formula that will add 10.00 to the cost and round up the change to .95 cents. Can anyone help??

Thanks
Chris

How about:

=A1+10+IF(0.95-(A1-INT(A1))<0,1.95-(A1-INT(A1)),0.95-(A1-INT(A1)))

This assumes that if your cost is something like 10.99, your selling price would be 21.95 and not 20.95. If you want it to be 20.95, use this:

=INT(A1)+10.95

Regards,

Upvote 0
Thank you for your quick responses. But I am still unable to make them work. Maybe if I put in the formula that is already in the spreadsheet it will help you tell me where I'm going wrong? The way it is set up is as follows: column 1 goes vertical and numerically. Horizontally is alphabetically with A thru H with G being cost and H being retail price. Here is an example of column 880 H.

=($G880+$H$1)/(1-H$2)

How should I imput the formulas you provided?

Thanks again,

Chris

Upvote 0
On 2002-05-07 17:18, cmill wrote:
Thank you for your quick responses. But I am still unable to make them work. Maybe if I put in the formula that is already in the spreadsheet it will help you tell me where I'm going wrong? The way it is set up is as follows: column 1 goes vertical and numerically. Horizontally is alphabetically with A thru H with G being cost and H being retail price. Here is an example of column 880 H.

=($G880+$H$1)/(1-H$2)

How should I imput the formulas you provided?

Thanks again,

Chris

If your cost is in cell G2. then put the following in H2

=INT(G2)+10.95
and copy it to other cells in column H

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back