resolved thanks

neills

Board Regular
PLEASE HELP

I am having problems with excel and any help would be greataly appreciated, I have setup a spreadsheet and I have had to draw lines in the spreadsheet to achieve the desired results. I have also set up buttons to paste in diagrams that are required at various times. My problem is that I want to lock the lines that I have drawn into place but still be able to paste in the diagrams using the macro buttons. I have found that if I lock the lines I have to protect the sheet (which I want to protect other cells from alteration). When the sheet is protected I can no longer paste in the diagrams I am using excel 98
Please help
Thanks
This message was edited by neills on 2002-05-08 03:36

Excel Facts

Which Excel functions can ignore hidden rows?
The SUBTOTAL and AGGREGATE functions ignore hidden rows. AGGREGATE can also exclude error cells and more.
Thank you for the reply
But unfortunately I have tried this, and it still leaves the lines i have drawn unprotected, i have just found out that i can get the macro to unprotaect the sheet, insert the diagram, then re-protect the sheet, but a new problem has arisen that i can not undo this, and i can not select the diagram to delete it if it is placed in the wrong place

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back