Bar Chart Colors based off of value

This is a discussion on Bar Chart Colors based off of value within the Excel Questions forums, part of the Question Forums category; Excel 2010 Windows 7 Is there VBA code that will change the color of the bars in a bar chart ...

Board Regular

Default Bar Chart Colors based off of value

Excel 2010 Windows 7

Is there VBA code that will change the color of the bars in a bar chart based off of their value? My chart is "Chart 14" and if the value for a bar, there are 14 bars, is less than 100 I would like it to be red and greater than 100 to be green.

Thanks,
    Alan

MrExcel MVP

Default Re: Bar Chart Colors based off of value

Hi Alan

If the values will never change I'd change the coulours manually. With just 14 bars it would be a matter of seconds.

If the values will change and you want the colours to follow, use a stacked bar chart. Split the values in 2 series, one for the less than 100 and another for the others.
    Kind regards
    PGC

To understand recursion, you must understand recursion.

Board Regular

The values change each time the spreadsheet is updated. I will try the "Stacked Bar" and see what I can figure out.
    Thanks for the info
    Thanks,
    Alan

VoG

HTH, Peter
    Please test any code on a copy of your workbook.

So I have a stacked bar chart which generates a Gannt which works fine.

Using the Peltier method to separate out the values, in this instance I am trying to sort by RAG (Red, Amber, Green etc) status instead of a number which works just fine.

However I cannot seem to select ALL the data in the new table, I can select a single column only in the new one, not all. If I select all the chart breaks. The desired end state is to select the RAG and that makes the bar the matching colour.
    I have no idea why I can't select more data, something I do regularly in other documents.

To be clear on the intent: the Gannt works fine, just pump in two dates, chart does the rest. What I want to do is select the RAG and then the corresponding bar matches the colour.

The spreadsheet is below and I would appreciate a steer where this is going wrong.

http://www.dead-fish.com/Files/Book1.xlsx

Anyone?

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others