Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Please Help, I need a macro to import data conditionally

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please Help, I'm a newbie when it comes to excel so if someone could help it would be of great help. I need a macro to import data conditionally from one file to another based on contents of more than one column. I need to set up an excel file that will auto update based on raw data entered and import only the rows that contain a specific number in either of two columns.

MrExcel MVP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On 2002-05-08 05:32, biodand wrote:
    Please Help, I'm a newbie when it comes to excel so if someone could help it would be of great help. I need a macro to import data conditionally from one file to another based on contents of more than one column. I need to set up an excel file that will auto update based on raw data entered and import only the rows that contain a specific number in either of two columns.
    Have a look at the Help file for Query (MSQuery), let me know if it's the sort of thing you need and how we acn help from there.

I use it quite a lot to conditionally import from Access/Excel/CSV/Oracle (you get the picture). I think it's exactly what you need.
    "Have a good time......all the time"
    Ian Mac

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with Ian:
    I use MS query to develop workbooks that query over 2500 Oracle tables in our database. I am usually automating them for use by database challenged individuals. MS Query is a great tool for importing directly into Excel, with many options available for parameters and criteria. Note: Learn to write the queries in design mode so as not to depend on the wizard

[ This Message was edited by: lenze on 2002-05-08 07:02 ]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks guys, Problem solved though it was still tricky.

Some videos you may like

User Tag List

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others