Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Updating a workbook

Board Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a workbook that is shared between two people. They are making entries alternately, one puts something in, then the other. Is there any way of doing it so that every time one of them makes a change and saves it, it updates the other person's screen so they can see the changes made without having to manually click save to see if they're finished?

Janie

Board Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I found this under the help section. It's not exactly what you're looking for, but it might work.

##############
    Each user of a shared workbook can set independent options for how often to receive other users' changes.

1 Open the shared workbook.
    2 On the Tools menu, click Share Workbook, and then click the Advanced tab.
    3 To see other users' changes each time you save the shared workbook, click When file is saved under Update changes.

To view other users' changes periodically, click Automatically every under Update changes, type how often you want to get updates in the Minutes box, and then click Just see other users' changes. To save the shared workbook each time you get an update so that other users can see your changes, click Save my changes and see others' changes.

4 Save the shared workbook.

Board Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, this is kind of what I need. But what I meant was, there are two different guys sat at two different computers. They're both in the same file which is shared. It's basically a blank sheet. When one of them makes a change and clicks SAVE, I need it to show up instantly on the other guy's screen so he knows to make his change and so on. It sounds weird I know

The information you gave me is what I already know about shared workbooks, which is that the guy waiting for the update must click SAVE in order for his screen to update with any changes made. Either that or set the auto-save to 5 minutes which will update every five minutes. This is too long to wait really. At the moment, they're sat opposite each other saying "Go on then!" and "Right, your turn!"

Janie

[ This Message was edited by: buntykins on 2002-05-08 07:24 ]

Board Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry, I thought my answer was too simple. I am afraid I do not know another method of what want to do.

Board Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Never mind babe, I think it may be a little too much for Excel

Thanks anyway

Janie

xxxxxx

Some videos you may like

User Tag List