Need to pick numbers in a range of numbers

Wing-it

hello folks, 1st timer here, Well this is my question. I have a range of numbers in two columns, and I would like to be able to for instance say Im looking for a number between 500 - 480, when it locates the number to indicate it in the column next to it with a number 1 0r 2.
this is what im using but Im out in left field and at a loss. The $t$3 and $u$3 cells are the different number ranges that i can change to looking for.

=IF($T$3<=T8,IF($U$3>=U8,1,""))

526 454 answer
510 477 answer
500 477 answer

thanks
This message was edited by Wing-it on 2002-05-08 07:35

On 2002-05-08 10:40, Wing-it wrote:
Please don't give up on me know!!!!

I'm not sure I understand what you want at all. Maybe you should produce, given a pair (T3 and U3 values), the expected results for 5 rows of sample that you posted along with the reasoning how you arrived at them.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Excel Can Read to You
Customize Quick Access Toolbar. From All Commands, add Speak Cells or Speak Cells on Enter to QAT. Select cells. Press Speak Cells.
well, lets start over,,,,
in cell T3 and U3 are the numbers I enter in, t3=500 or 520 or 490 or factors of 10 +/-, U3= is the other end of the range, +/- 10. these number change pending on what range im looking for.

the data that the range is looking in is
526 454 the result
510 477 "
500 471 "
507 473 "
500 495 "
530 500 the result.

now I don't know how easy this is but pending on what I enter in t3 and u3 the formula should check between the two columns to find a match or close match to the number spread I entered in t3 & u3, or should i say if i entered 500 in t3 and 490 in u3 the result should indicate which row in the data fell in between the assigined numbers i entered in t3 & u3, nothing over or under but in between or exact.

thanks

Upvote 0
On 2002-05-08 10:40, Wing-it wrote:
Please don't give up on me know!!!!

Hi Wing-it:
Looks like you are having difficulty describing what you are trying to accomplish. Please state clearly:
1. in which cells are the lookup values
2. in which cells is your list data
3. which number are you looking up for in what range of cells
I am sure if you can clearly define your problem, the solution should be not that hard to find.
If you want to email me your worksheet with a clear description of what you are trying to accomplish, I will be glad to look at and respond.

Good Luck!

Upvote 0
On 2002-05-08 11:16, Wing-it wrote:
thanks I sending now

Hi Scott:
As discussed with you, there was need to add another parameter for tolerance up and down to work with your search values. I have emailed the worksheet back to you.
Please post back if it works for you ... otherwise explain a little further and let us take it from there!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JAMES KECULAH

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back