Going crazy Barcode inventory

SHOEBOB

Hi,

Thank you in advance. Not sure if anyone can help me. I will try and explain what I am after, I have been trying with vlookup but I think I might be barking up the wrong tree.

I have 5 different sizes of t shirts and 3 different colours, in total 15 barcodes.

I want to be able to scan a barcode which will take 1 off the inventory I have in stock.

for example

Black
Small 5
Medium 5
Large 5
X-Large 5
XX-Large 5

So if I scanned the barcode for the black small it would take the number down to 4. I can use the barcode scanner to put the number in a cell I select e.g A1 but after the scan I want it to take the number down to 4 and then clear cell 1 so I can scan another barcode.

Not sure if this makes sense.?

Thank you for your help

Kind Regards

James

Excel Facts

Format cells as time
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+2 to format cells as time. (Shift 2 is the @ sign).
Sorry, if I scan a barcode number it appears in the selected cell e.g. A1. Which I can already do its just the below I am after.

What I am after is to use my barcode scanner to scan a barcode number that is assigned for example to small black and it adds how many small black garments I have scanned into a cell in excel.?

Thanks

James

Upvote 0
Thanks for all your help and advice, I know where to come next time.

Cheers

James

p.s.

I've sorted it my self and it works exactly as I wanted it to. Perfect.

Upvote 0
You must have resolved this issue with emails. I am curious as to how this was done. I have a similar project and think this would help me as well. Thanks

Upvote 0
Hi,

No unfortunately, no one sent me an email or gave me any help with this problem. I managed to sort it out my self. To be honest I was amazed that either no one new the answer or for some reason they couldn't be bothered to help a new person out with an answer or any help. To be honest I don't think anyone new the answer. :).

They way I did it was I used Vlookup so when I scanned the barcode number the item came up, then next to the item I had 1 as the quantity. See example below. Once a barcode was scanned it would add to the Quant on the right.

I also had a sumif for the Quant below.

Once I am finished I have a macro set up on a button that takes the quantity from each of the colour/size and minuses the quantity from my actual stock list on another sheet. If that makes sense.

I found most of the information from this guy on you tube, he has loads of stuff that will help, because most of the stuff I need to do is kind of bespoke and just fits my business I just adapt his solutions to fit my problems.

https://www.youtube.com/user/familycomputerclub

SCAN BELOW
5055728184148Small Black1CodeDesQuant
5055728184179Medium Black15055728184148Small Black1
5055728184179 Medium Black15055728184179Medium Black2
#N/A15055728184162Large Black0

<tbody>
</tbody>

Hope this helps as I would be surprised if anyone else does.

Cheers

Jimmy

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rohitsomani

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back