assigning a macro to an activex command button

PEACHY

Help! Attempting to get a command button to run a simple pre-recorded macro. Zero experience of visual basic , office assistant telling me to type in the macro!!??!! Hello , what. Please help me or shoot me.Brain hurting.

Excel Facts

Wildcard in VLOOKUP
Use =VLOOKUP("Apple*" to find apple, Apple, or applesauce
If you CommandButton is from the Control ToolBox, right click it and choose View Code. You should something like this:

Code:
Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()

End Sub

You can copy your recorded code into there (excluding its Sub and End Sub lines) or run the existing Macro like this:

Code:
   Call Macro1
End Sub

where Macro1 is the name of your recorded Macro.

Upvote 0
PEACHY said:
Please help me or shoot me.
BANG! :devilish:

Seriously though, lets assume that you already have your recorded macro. If you press Alt&F11 you will be taken to the Visual Basic Editor (VBE). Here you should see, in the Project window, the VBAProject associated with your workbook. Under the project will be a folder called 'Modules' - double-click on this and it will show that it contains a module called 'Module1'. Within this module you will see the macro that you recorded, make a note of the name (probably Macro1).

Now, go back to the Excel window where you have added the Command Button from the Controls Toolbox. Double-click on the CommandButton and you will be taken back to the VBE between some lines of code like this:
Code:

End Sub
Between those lines write the name of your macro (Macro1). Alternatively, you can type 'Module1' immediately followed by a full stop (.) - this will then give you the option to choose from the macros contained in Module1.

Now go back to Excel and exit Desin Mode. That's it, whenever you click the button your routine will be executed.

HTH

Upvote 0
BANG! :devilish:

Seriously though, lets assume that you already have your recorded macro. If you press Alt&F11 you will be taken to the Visual Basic Editor (VBE). Here you should see, in the Project window, the VBAProject associated with your workbook. Under the project will be a folder called 'Modules' - double-click on this and it will show that it contains a module called 'Module1'. Within this module you will see the macro that you recorded, make a note of the name (probably Macro1).

Now, go back to the Excel window where you have added the Command Button from the Controls Toolbox. Double-click on the CommandButton and you will be taken back to the VBE between some lines of code like this:
Code:

End Sub
Between those lines write the name of your macro (Macro1). Alternatively, you can type 'Module1' immediately followed by a full stop (.) - this will then give you the option to choose from the macros contained in Module1.

Now go back to Excel and exit Desin Mode. That's it, whenever you click the button your routine will be executed.

HTH

Thank you so much!!!

Upvote 0
Hi,
I used macros for my activex controls button. But it works wrong when I click (copies the same thing), but works properly when I run macro's itself. How can I fix it?
code:

Sheets("Archive").Select
ActiveSheet.unprotect Password:="111"
Call Macro1
Sheets("Archive").Select
ActiveSheet.protect Password:="111"
End Sub

Thanks in advance

Upvote 0
Thanks Richie (UK)!!

Clarifying that you need to exit design mode afterwards was useful, and saved me some time.

Upvote 0

' I have utilized the "Custom UI Editor For Microsoft Office", and made a Custom UI Ribbon
' The macro is called: Sub Process_Bookmarks(control As IRibbonControl)
' To get it to work here with the button, remove this part: control As IRibbonControl
' So, it will be renamed to: Sub Process_Bookmarks()

Call Process_Bookmarks

End Sub

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzskater

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back