Template/database issues

rtuck

I have them!

I have created what will become a standard form for users to complete - there is currently only the work in progress version but as many as 30 people will need there "own".

These 30 or so will all need to be constantly completed during the working day. I need the 15 or so entries on the form to feed into a "master" spreadsheet or database. I have tried using the template wizard but seem to be a bit template incompetent.

How can i turn my creation into something that everyone has there own version of and create a database in which to record every entry.

The form lists various drop down options and sections to type, so returns a variety of values and words.

Help would be much appreciated, not got any VBA experience either.

Excel Facts

Who is Mr Spreadsheet?
Author John Walkenbach was Mr Spreadsheet until his retirement in June 2019.
The Template Wizard should work providing everyone is on the network and has access to the drive where the database is located. It is best to have one copy of the template on a shared drive and have each person access it via a shortcut. That way, any changes can be made easily. (Hint: Password protect the Template to force the user to open it as a new workbook so they can't overwrite the template. You can not protect the worksheet in the database, but you can hide it and protect the workbook from changes if the information is sensitive)

HTH

Lenze

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back