Importing multiple CSV files to Excel

lydiab

I have a bunch of CSV files in a folder. I'd like to import each file into Excel using the 'Import from Text' tool by typing the name of the file into a cell. I then need to format all of the data into a specific layout.
All of the files are in the same folder and are identical in terms of headings used, number of entries, size etc. The final layout will also be identical each time, it's just a matter of getting the data from the CSV file into the correct places and applying the correct formatting.
I have a template layout in a separate Excel workbook, so could either use this if possible or could apply the formatting from scratch within the macro.
I've never written a VBA code before and am just starting out recording macros (the absolute basics) because I know that's the way to get automating processes like this. A suggestion on how to record this macro myself would be absolutely ideal, as a bunch of code with no explanation will be difficult for me to edit later if needs be, however any advice is much appreciated.

Excel Facts

Who is Mr Spreadsheet?
Author John Walkenbach was Mr Spreadsheet until his retirement in June 2019.
Either the images for webpage or no-longer available or my company's security settings are not allowing them to load.
The SQL statements are?

Upvote 0
Either the images for webpage or no-longer available or my company's security settings are not allowing them to load.
The SQL statements are?

The pictures have been removed. They were there in Feb. It provides you step by step instructions on how to append to CSV files.

Upvote 0
The pictures have been removed. They were there in Feb. It provides you step by step instructions on how to append to CSV files.
yeah, another fine Microsoft example of how to maintain your company's webpage for excellent customer service. Like there Support page has been off-line for 2 weeks I think.... MSFT is MSFT's own worse enemy

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
9Kimo3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back