What in my macro triggers the "Privacy warning: This document contains macros, ActiveX controls, XML expansion pack information, or Web components. Th

OldManExcellor

I have a file that I save as ".xlsb" or ".xlsm". Whenever I save it I get the message "Privacy warning: This document contains macros, ActiveX controls, XML expansion pack information, or Web components. These may include personal information that cannot be removed by the document inspector.".

If I:
1) remove all macros
2) close and reopen the workbook
3) save it again

I don't get the privacy warning any more. So I guess the warning is caused by something in my macro.

Can I find out what in my macro is causing the privacy warning?

Excel Facts

When they said...
When they said you are going to "Excel at life", they meant you "will be doing Excel your whole life".
Its not "your" macro, it it just a general warning telling you the WB has macros

Upvote 0
Re: What in my macro triggers the "Privacy warning: This document contains macros, ActiveX controls, XML expansion pack information, or Web components. These may include personal information that cannot be removed by the document inspector.&

Its not "your" macro, it it just a general warning telling you the WB has macros

For me it happen every time I save my Macro. Why is this happening and is my macro being saved?

Upvote 0
Re: What in my macro triggers the "Privacy warning: This document contains macros, ActiveX controls, XML expansion pack information, or Web components. These may include personal information that cannot be removed by the document inspector.&

For Excel 2010 Version :

1 File button (for 2007 then Menu Button)
2 Excel Option
3 Trust Center
4 Trust Center setting
5 Privacy Options
6 uncheck the "Remove personal information from file properties on save"

probably later versions the same as 2010 version (and your macro's should be fine).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

It is trying to protect you from bad macros. It has no way to tell. You can set up certain folders as "Trusted" and then it won't complain about any file in those folders. Just don't put something in those folders until you are sure you can trust it.

Go to File-> Options "Trust Center" "Trust Center Setting" "Trusted Locations" "Add New Location"

Any workbooks saved under there with macros will not complain.

Upvote 0

this is in due to a macro in the workbook , if you trust it or you yourself made it , it is ok
enable developer tab to see macro security
1-click developer tab
2-click macro security
3-click privacy options
4-unclick "Remove personal information from file properties on save
enjoy saving

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ruhulaminappu

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back