formula

elgringo56

OOPS, now I have a real problem. I am filtering for a value, MM1. But, I dont know really what that value is as it is being selected by another macro. I need to affix a ="= to the front of it and a " to the back of it so that it becomes ="=MM1". Any ideas?

Excel Facts

Copy formula down without changing references
If you have =SUM(F2:F49) in F50; type Alt+' in F51 to copy =SUM(F2:F49) to F51, leaving the formula in edit mode. Change SUM to COUNT.
On 2002-05-08 15:35, elgringo56 wrote:
OOPS, now I have a real problem. I am filtering for a value, MM1. But, I dont know really what that value is as it is being selected by another macro. I need to affix a ="= to the front of it and a " to the back of it so that it becomes ="=MM1". Any ideas?

Let s = your value ("MM1" in this case)

YourRange.AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:=s

should work.

Upvote 0
in the macro can you stipulate that range ("a1"). value = MM1

or something similar so then the worksheet will show you what the value is and hrence you know what to filter for?

Upvote 0
Not sure of either answer. I am a pure novice, thru and thru. Ok, here is what I am doing. I am trying to filter, under macro control, for a certian row of info within a list. each row has a unique alpha numeric designation, such as MM1, but could be anything, AQ7, etc. If I filter for MM1, I am returned MM1, MM10, MM11....MM19, MM100, etc, same with any other alpha combo. I was told, and found it to be true that if I filter using the criteria '=MM1, it will only find, MM1. Now, I can put the filter criteria, MM1 into any know cell, but I then have to, under macro control, append the '= protion so I can then put that into the criteria range. I have no idea how to do this. Learning tiny bits every day, but havn't figgured this out yet. Any ideas?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ijat

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back