Customizing XP Invoice Template

CompTutor

Spoiled by XL2000. Need to put logo and change fonts on XP Invoice template. Is this possible--without using power tools? (I need this for students in an application class if it is doable.)

Excel Facts

Can a formula spear through sheets?
Use =SUM(January:December!E7) to sum E7 on all of the sheets from January through December
I'm new to the Board, and not sure of the message here... Does "no comment" mean it is not doable, or too complicated for non-VBA users, or something else?

Upvote 0
I think it probably means people aren't sure what you mean. As a wild guess you could include a logo inside a picture frame, and different fonts etc can be set for labels and textboxes in their design properties or via code. Could you be a bit more specific- you current code and what, exactly, you want to do?

Upvote 0
On 2002-05-08 15:57, CompTutor wrote:
Spoiled by XL2000. Need to put logo and change fonts on XP Invoice template. Is this possible--without using power tools? (I need this for students in an application class if it is doable.)

Hi CompTutor:
I am using Excel 97 ... and I have access to an Invoice Template -- I believe Excel 2000 will have a simila if not identical template. In Excel 97 Invoice Template, near the top right hand corner is a command-button 'Customize' -- clicking on that takes me to another screen which facilitates changing through two command-buttons 'Change Plate Font' and 'Select Logo'.

Hope This Helps.

Regards!

Upvote 0
Ah, sorry, didn't realise this was a built in form- I thought you were posting about a custom UserForm (thanks, Yogi, not for the first time :)).

I have Excel 2000 here, and there seems to be no problem with customising the template. Could you post exactly what you want to do, and how you're prevented from doing it, I'd be very surprised if Excel 2000 messed this up compared to '97.

Upvote 0
Thanks for clarifying the non-response--I was getting worried!
Mudface, I want to teach the students to use (abuse) the ready-made Invoice template in Excel XP in an applications class, before we get to making our own. What I want to do in XP is EXACTLY what you describe in 2000/97, Yogi. But the XP template doesn't have the customize button, and I don't know what method to use to enable me to make any changes besides text--it doesn't let me change fonts, and there is no obvious way to put in a logo like we had in the 2000 version, with a click of the button. What I am hoping is that there is a less-obvious (but non-VBA) method for letting us do this.

Upvote 0
Sorry, your original post said Excel 2000, I don't have Excel XP (or the OS) so I don't know what, if anything, has been changed in the template. It might be worthwhile reposting and specifying Excel XP in your question.
This message was edited by Mudface on 2002-05-11 15:32

Upvote 0
On 2002-05-11 14:44, Mudface wrote:
Ah, sorry, didn't realise this was a built in form- I thought you were posting about a custom UserForm (thanks, Yogi, not for the first time :)).

I have Excel 2000 here, and there seems to be no problem with customising the template. Could you post exactly what you want to do, and how you're prevented from doing it, I'd be very surprised if Excel 2000 messed this up compared to '97.

Hi Mudface:
That's what the cyber-buddies are for -- have a great evening.

Regards!

Upvote 0
Thanks, guys, for the attempt. I played around with it some more, and tried unprotecting it, and it not only LET me, but I can now edit it and save it as my own template! Appreciate the discussion. Great board. (Actually, Mudface, although I realize my first line was distracting, it does say XP in the title...) Have a great Mothers' Day--we are all Mothers to someone sometime.

Upvote 0
down version of Excel will work, so you can just use the as before until you solve the XP issues,

XP supplies the same village software as older Excel version.. and they seem to be just the same.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thietbibeboiwasaco

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back