combining data??

elgringo56

My problem is this. I have an alpha numeric value of onknown characters, lets say at this time its MM1. This value resides in a cell, lets say AS15. I need to append to this value, using a macro, the characters '= to end up with the expression '=MM1 in cell AO16. I cant seem to figguer out how to do this.

Excel Facts

Highlight Duplicates
Home, Conditional Formatting, Highlight Cells, Duplicate records, OK to add pink formatting to any duplicates in selected range.
No, in fact, this did nothing at all. I need to append an '= to whatever resides in cell AS15.

Upvote 0
ok.. I'm a bit lost here.
you have cells as15, and ao15, and a defined value in a macro of MM1?

now what does..
"as15"=?
"ao15"=
mm1=?

Upvote 0
OK, Cell AS15 contains an alpha numeric pattern, MM1 is the example I used but could be anything. What ever it is, I want to use it to filter a list with so I have to get it into a criteria range. But, using a value like MM1 as criteria to filter on will return all values that contain MM1 such as MM10 or MM12. To stop this the criteria needs to be '=MM1. Or, the value that is in AS15 preceded by the characters '=. I dont know how to get these characters onto the MM1 and into Cell AO15. All this must be within a macro which also contains the filter instruction. An operator is going to enter the value, in this case MM1.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
harryls

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back