EXCEL CHART HELP WITH MACRO

BRADX

Hello
I'm trying to set an excel graph/chart template which I can use for different sets of data. What I need is help setting my graph to atomatically adjust to having differnt number of variables on the x axis. I want to use the same chart template each time. Ex. Data set one has 50 x-variables, than I want to do another graph (using the same template) with 35 variables and I want excel to atomatically adjust the graph to plot only 35 variables and not show 15 blank spots after that. So basically, I was wondering if someone knows how to set up a formula so excel each time reconizes how many variables there is and adjusts. If someone could help me it would greatly appreciated.
Thanks a lot (sorry if this is lengthy)

Excel Facts

Who is Mr Spreadsheet?
Author John Walkenbach was Mr Spreadsheet until his retirement in June 2019.
On 2002-05-08 20:12, BRADX wrote:
Hello
I'm trying to set an excel graph/chart template which I can use for different sets of data. What I need is help setting my graph to atomatically adjust to having differnt number of variables on the x axis. I want to use the same chart template each time. Ex. Data set one has 50 x-variables, than I want to do another graph (using the same template) with 35 variables and I want excel to atomatically adjust the graph to plot only 35 variables and not show 15 blank spots after that. So basically, I was wondering if someone knows how to set up a formula so excel each time reconizes how many variables there is and adjusts. If someone could help me it would greatly appreciated.
Thanks a lot (sorry if this is lengthy)

Have a look here for Dynamic chart labeling

http://www.tushar-mehta.com/

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thietbibeboiwasaco

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back