Simple line chart with grouping data

filmore34

Hello, I know this can be doen and have done it previously but it seems as I cant rememebr how this morning - i am wanting to prepare a line chart that will compare two sets of data. I want the X axis to be days of the week - M, T, W, Th, F and the Y axis is going to be the item - So I want one line to be for the day of the week that the item comes into the office and the second line to be the day of the week that item was put into work. For example my data will be like this and I want one line to represent arrival of said item while other line represents the start of said item (I am having difficulties due to the arrival and start not being numerical but they should be able to be grouped kind of like a bar chart but wanting it represented as a line/run chart not a bar chart):
ItemArrivalStart Work
1MW
2TT
3FT
4ThM

<TBODY>
</TBODY>

Excel Facts

Highlight Duplicates
Home, Conditional Formatting, Highlight Cells, Duplicate records, OK to add pink formatting to any duplicates in selected range.
Sorry, I typed the Axis's backwards, I would like the Y axis to be grouped into day of the week and the X axis to be item numberm - so each item number will have two data points associated with it one for each line

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandomExceller01

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back