change default comment format

trout31

The font that defaults for cell comments is set way too small to read. I wind up changing it everytime. How can I change the default??

Excel Facts

Shade all formula cells
To shade all formula cells: Home, Find & Select, Formulas to select all formulas. Then apply a light fill color.
Start, Settings, Control Panel
Double Click Display
Appearance
From the Item drop down menu select Tool Tip
Change the font there

Quite the rig a mo r:rolleyes:ll huh

Upvote 0
Thank you for the responce, however I am pretty sure your idea is not my answer. The font that I am having trouble with is not my normal screen display. It is only the default font in the Excel cell comment box. (ie the insert comment function). In fact there is also a defaulted comment that is there initially. It is my computer's name followed by a colon. Of course in tiny little letters that cannot be read. Sorry, this is hard to explain clearly. It seems however that buried somewhere in Excels configuration is the default format for cell comments. I have already verified that the format does not match that of the cell. I have Excel installed on other computers that do not have this same defaulted comment format. Where O Where does it come from?

Upvote 0
Dear Mapakunk. I owe a thousand apologies. I have verified that your advice was in fact correct. The tooltip font indeed follows through to the Excel comment font. Your are clearly a wise advisor. Thankyou.
trout31

Upvote 0
mapakunk,

I also had been looking for this solution and am thrilled to have stumbled onto your posting. The only problem I still have is that the font does not transfer to excel. The size, color, and italics transfers but the actual font remains Tahoma. The font does change for the other window tool tips. Any ideas how I can change the font default for comments? Also it would be nice if I could set the default for auto-size as well.

Thanks,
Notewurthy

Upvote 0
Thanks Yogi,

I had already been to that thread but my goal is a little different. I want to change the default font so that all future comment boxes start with the new font.

Regards,

Notewurthy

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SarahSomethingExcel100

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back